Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Minto Took posted:

Really, if you want to do anything outside of Rookie and don't want to pony up for a G27, get one of these -> http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO

Thanks for that I'll check out the prices and it's about time I treat myself.

Diplomat posted:

If anyone is looking to get in to sim racing and wants a cheap wheel, I have the one linked below. Willing to let it go cheap so I can reclaim some shelf space.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-Force-Feedback-Racing-6306200/dp/B001EAORVS

drat, I'm in the UK so no good but that looks like a pretty cool set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I've been doing some testing at Talladega with 0% humidity and 30 mph southerly wind.

Managed to hit the limiter on all 3 GT3 cars.

Also got the old Indycar up to 255 mph/410 kmh with the dega set and some gear ratio adjustments. :rice:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just managed to run my first clean race... up until after the checkered flag where I ended up spinning on the turn. Also was my first top 5 finish, although I was a lap down. Still proud of myself. Dodges a crazy amount of idiots during the race.

Also I have a feeling that I'm going to just end up buying the G27 through Amazon next week instead of buying a cheaper wheel that I'd just end up upgrading later.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
If it's in your price range, do it. There is a massive jump in quality from everything cheaper than a G27 to a G27.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

You won't regret the g27.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Google Butt posted:

You won't regret the g27.

I love my G27, the only thing I don't like about it is there's only 6 buttons on the steering wheel, and with the DW12 I'm gonna need more buttons for fuel mixture and Go Baby Go

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

KingShibby posted:

I love my G27, the only thing I don't like about it is there's only 6 buttons on the steering wheel, and with the DW12 I'm gonna need more buttons for fuel mixture and Go Baby Go

Wow the dfgt has no shortage somewhere around 15 plus paddles shifter and +/- knob.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
Well I just realized today that the Indy qualifying cuts off today. I've got a time in, but it's not a particularly good one, so I get into the last qual session. I've got a good run going, maybe mid to high .6, then I brush the wall coming out of 4. 4! After spending all this drat time getting 1 right, I have brain vapor lock coming out of 4 :suicide:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Lord Crapulus posted:

Well I just realized today that the Indy qualifying cuts off today. I've got a time in, but it's not a particularly good one, so I get into the last qual session. I've got a good run going, maybe mid to high .6, then I brush the wall coming out of 4. 4! After spending all this drat time getting 1 right, I have brain vapor lock coming out of 4 :suicide:

You are Ryan Hunter Reay, mixed in with 2011 JR Hildebrand. Congratulations.

simble
May 11, 2004

gently caress turn 1

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The only complaint I have with the G27 is it's been like 3 weeks now and the "new plastic smell" hasn't gone away. :barf:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bentai posted:

The only complaint I have with the G27 is it's been like 3 weeks now and the "new plastic smell" hasn't gone away. :barf:

Better than my dfgt it came from a smokers basement it took 3 months to get that smell out.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

Lord Crapulus posted:

Well, that sucks. I didn't qualify at all. I guess I'm not running the 500 after all :(

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ManicJason posted:

Well, that sucks. I didn't qualify at all. I guess I'm not running the 500 after all :(

You can run the 500 without qualifying, but you'll be in a lower split with other people who didn't qualify

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

Yeah, I know, but I wanted to spend several hours tweaking a setup and taking it super cereal. I didn't even consider that qualifying would end before the last race. I'm more likely to run one of the normal series this weekend now that I'd be stuck with non-qualifying plebs in the 500.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

So apparently qualifying is back open since there was confusion and enough people complained. I look forward to stuffing it into the T1 exit several more times when I get home.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Morning: Renews iracing sub.

Afternoon: iRacing sends a 3 for 1 month sub offer.

Me: :suicide:

edit: It expires a week after my sub is due to expire. :getin: God bless only doing it a month at a time. :radcat:

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
Welp, about to race the iracing Indy 500. I'll post again after I get caught up in the first lap crash.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Couldn't get under 40.5 all week, stumbled on a setup on the iRacing forums, ran a qualifying average of 39.82 :cool:

Good luck in the race, guys!

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Same here, I figure the odds are astronomical against actually finishing. I should probably be in the 3rd split; I'll be very curious to see what the attrition rate is like.

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
It appears we've crashed before we've even started, the join timer is stuck on 00:00

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

It appears we've crashed before we've even started, the join timer is stuck on 00:00

Yup! I wanted to qualify my truck!

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

... nice race everybody! :v:

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
The 2005 US GP of Iracing ladies and gentlemen!

my secret plan is to sit patiently for hours until I actually get in, I will be moved to the top split by myself and Win!

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I'm just imagining so many neckbeards repeatedly punching F5.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:rant:

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005

Lord Crapulus posted:

I'm just imagining so many neckbeards repeatedly punching F5.

Theres like 5 nerdrage threads in the iracing forums already.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I didn't realize that they had the Coke 600 launching at the same time, that seems like poor planning.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah should the Indy race have started so you can only do both if you retire early?

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
:siren: Site issues status: Being investigated :siren:

edit: Well I think we're pretty much boned. I won't be able to make tomorrows race on account of being in Indianapolis so I suppose I'll have to wait until season 3 for a DW 12 race.

Lockmart Lawndart fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 24, 2014

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I wonder how many people got in. Some guy on their forums said that 2 made it into the top split race.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Welp. The other race is at 3am my time, so that's a bunch of wasted time, then.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

Welp. The other race is at 3am my time, so that's a bunch of wasted time, then.

:( drat that sucks. You going to do the 730pm 600 instead?

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

FYI this has happened before, and they usually try again in like an hour. If you feel like sticking around.

I got in somehow, was the only one there. heh.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

LordPants posted:

:( drat that sucks. You going to do the 730pm 600 instead?

Nah, I'm terrible at running stock cars at Charlotte so 600 miles of it seems like torture.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Server Status:

PSR.TV is calling this a "rain delay" and is expecting the 500 to take place at 7pm pacific.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

what time (EDT) is the next 600?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilonum posted:

what time (EDT) is the next 600?

I think in roughly 8 hours for Aussies, then there is one for Euros six hours after that.

But then there is an open one this time tomorrow I think.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bentai posted:

Server Status:

PSR.TV is calling this a "rain delay" and is expecting the 500 to take place at 7pm pacific.

It's like a rain delay, in a world where radar doesn't exist and you're not allowed to look at the track until it's time to race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's like a rain delay, in a world where radar doesn't exist and you're not allowed to look at the track until it's time to race.

Still not as cringeworty as when the announcers say I hopes hes alright after a crash.

I wish they would just acknowledge they're playing drat internet racecars already. Anything else is obscenely stupid.

• Locked thread