Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sorry, I specifically meant a Lutron Caseta fan speed dimmer. My bad.

Like, would that work for any fan that has the fan on/off wired to the wall? I have a few fans that currently have just a plain on/off switch.

From reading around, it soonds like if a fan is only speed adjustable by a pull chain, it should work if the on/off wires are already run down the wall. Does that sound correct? Basically anything with its own remote wouldn’t work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Motronic posted:

Yeah, if it's that type of 3-speed chain controller it's almost definitely an AC fan motor. Leave the chain pull on high and you should be able to control it just fine with a fan controller.

Yeah, I’ve got a few already. Looking to replace a couple that are noisy that are already on a PD-FSQN, and a couple that that have speed control as a simple on/off switch currently.

I guess my question is, are the requirements to being compatible with the PD-FSQN….

1. chain pull speed adjustment
2. no remote

There’s no 3, right?

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 21, 2024

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It reads to me like the latter.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Amazon has 20% off Hue products if you buy 2+.

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/17375187

I bought a like new Signe Floor Lamp this week and it’s actually pretty awesome, despite being shipped in a box with no packing and ending up slightly bent. Thinking of getting another and maybe a Signe table lamp with this deal….

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 28, 2024

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

They've already been sufficiently dunked on lately, but I found out that myQ charges a yearly subscription to use the myQ door opening feature in my new car. Absolutely wild to sell a product then be like "yeah, pay us a yearly fee to use the product we already sold you once." What a garbage company.

Meross rocks.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I have 2 openers and I think I've had to power cycle one Meross unit maybe twice in 6 months, but that's totally it. Works wonderfully. Basically the only downside is you have to run your own door open/close sensors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The panels keep a couple of my outdoor cams charged surprisingly well, even in the dead of winter. I don’t think I’ve ever had a cam die due to low battery.