Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Thinking of getting into home automation. I want a system that allows me to remotely lock/unlock doors and to stream video when someone is at the front door... nothing too fancy.

What do you guys recommend?

Also, is there a doorlock that is remotely unlockable but also has the ability to be unlocked by tapping a smartphone (either via bluetooth/nfc) by a reputable manufacturer? I looked at Schlage and it only appears they are z-wave compatible, but i don't see anything about quickly unlocked with nfc/bluetooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Jose Oquendo posted:

I am just getting into this stuff too. I picked up the Schlage Sense. It is HomeKit compatible so if you have an Apple TV it can be operated remotely using the app. It also can be operated with Siri. If you're close enough, you can do it via bluetooth as well. So far I like it a lot.

I know it has an Android app but I don't know if that works over the cloud or if you need to be in bluetooth range.

Oh thanks... i did a quick look on the website... so it's not z-wave compatible?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

OSU_Matthew posted:

If you're looking for home camera systems, You should take a look at Flir's nvr systems that were talked about in the last page or two.

Better 1080p resolution, steel vandal proof/weatherproof IP66 rated housing, easy setup, smallest ptz cameras I've found, crazy cheap price, mobile device app streaming, local 2tb nvr plus the option of cloud backup, poe powered cameras, and each one comes with a 60 foot length of cable. It's a pretty sweet deal, and I've been super happy with mine.

They also have affordable 2k and even 4k systems as well.

vv 100% agreed--if I didn't end up with the dedicated nvr, I would've gone with Blue Iris as well, definitely seems to be the best nvr software out there and I think it's only like fifty bucks or something, which isn't bad for a one time purchase

This is an interesting option, however I don't see mention of cloud backup on that page, just live streaming with their cloud service. Is there a webpage that talks about that?