Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Does anyone have an obvious solution as to why my sunrise/sunset google home automations aren't firing? They're new, and never have, so I'm at a loss as to what to check.

I can try setting them up via the Kasa app, but i'd rather not fracture my setup like that.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Do people have a recommendation for a smart lock that'll attach to my google set up these days? Ideally something not _too_ app dependent in the event the company packs up and leaves?

Currently looking at the Yale Assure Lock 2

Deviant fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 9, 2023

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

bobfather posted:

Extremely glad that I migrated my Hues to zigbee2mqtt recently. They work exactly as well as before and have considerably strengthened my mesh, too.

Wait what? I have a hue hub and a four pack I was about to throw out bc no one wanted them

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Every time I see the 30 connected wifi devices to my router I'm like ha yeah I'm never changing my SSID or pw.

this is literally why i have the same SSID and password as my old roommate