Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Are there any third-party solutions for adding voice control to a Philips Hue system? The HomeKit base station requires iCloud Keychain syncing to be turned on, which I don't consider to be acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

Kalman posted:

Homebridge might do the trick for you (assuming you don't want to control from off the wifi network.) Requires some work to setup but it seems to work well.

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge

(don't think it requires iCloud
Keychain sync, though I do have it turned on, and don't have any Hue lights to test it with.)

This looks good, I guess there's a Raspberry Pi in my near future.

e: Actually it turns out HomeBridge requires it too. Welp.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 7, 2016

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

I think I'm probably going to to just suck it up and blow away the Safari autofill passwords on my phone and enable iCloud syncing. I have TouchID now, so filling from 1Password every time isn't much of a hassle.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

Is it really impossible to turn on Philips Lux bulbs without opening the app and dragging individual sliders?

ahahahahahaha

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Philips sells a Tap Switch or you can pair it to a third party voice assistant like Amazon's Alexa or Apple's Homekit.

Has anyone made it into the Hue 2.0 beta? Are things improved there?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

beefnoodle posted:

What phone OS? The official Hue app on iOS does this, you just need to set up Scenes. Open app, tap scene.

Although mainly I just tell Alexa to do it.

No, you really can't add them if you create the scene through the Scene tab, though you inspired me to cast my net a little wider and I discovered that you can if you create the scene through the Light menu. Which is sensible.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

My Hue + HomeKit system has started turning the lights on and off at random, including at 3am. :negative:

My best guess was that my HomeKit geofencing automations are misfiring, but the lights are turning on at the wrong colour temperature for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

Thanks, but it’s on a vertical dock, so I’d be able to see if the screen started freaking out.