Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Pitre posted:

Well now. I never came across Domoticz when researching this stuff and got invested into Smartthings. I have a Synology device hidden away (on a UPS) to store my Blue Iris streams and other crap and having it be the Z-Wave controller also is very interesting. I'm going to have to check that out and consider switching. Not relying on ~The Cloud~ would be a good thing.

Do typical APC UPS's let you configure them to not beep when the power goes out? Just thinking the beeps would be a pretty big giveaway to the hidden PC otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

All of the stuff in the news about "hacked" nests is from password reuse, isn't it?

Ring on the other hand (that's different right)...
https://theintercept.com/2019/01/10/amazon-ring-security-camera/