Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mute
Jul 17, 2004

Lazyhound posted:

Are there any third-party solutions for adding voice control to a Philips Hue system? The HomeKit base station requires iCloud Keychain syncing to be turned on, which I don't consider to be acceptable.

Not sure how averse you are to cloud, but Amazon Echo/Dot integrates with it no major problems beyond what you'd get with any system. Specifically I ran into a couple problems with lights that were similarly named; the system would ask me what light I meant. Rather than enunciating every time I wanted to change them, I ended up renaming the lights/groups to distinct names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU