Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

haha holy poo poo

bumping because this thread should never die

This and the Miles O'Brien thread made me love the new GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The bullet panging over my head pulled me back from admiring the rigid organization of the shipping container stacks. I glanced over my cover, a couple of wooden boxes that wouldn't help as much as a pillow with the irons the two grey shapes in the fog were pointing in my direction.

That was twelve. Unless they were using 8-shot revolvers, that meant they were out and I could make my move... but the part of me that dealt with strict organization and certainties wouldn't let me budge.

"ARE YOU USING 6-SHOT OR 8-SHOT REVOLVERS?" I called out over my cheap wooden shield.

All I heard back was quick, harsh whispers in the fog.

"PLEASE SPEAK UP AND ANSWER MY QUESTION, IT'S VERY, VERY RUDE TO NOT RESPOND TO PEOPLE WHEN THEY'VE ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" I yelled in frustration.

Silence was my response.

I sighed heavily. With no other options, I unsheathed my sword from its scabbard beneath my well-worn trench coat.

Roughly 35' between the grey shapes and I. If I took out Left with a cross-arm stroke leveled at his flank, Right might retreat.

I thought of my ancestors, and with considerable effort I rose to my feet. I barreled over the wooden boxes and began my charge, the sword held upright and close to my head, not unlike the samurai of legend.

They had 8-shot revolvers.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

a dame walked into my basement office. I tipped my fedora and said "m'lady"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dave Concepcion posted:

Elementary, my dear waifu.

That's Sherlock Holmes, not Noir Detective fiction you loving moron

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:thejoke:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Incidentally I've been reading Hammett and Chandler all summer while watching HBO's Philip Marlowe, PI from 1986 and have a Noir Detective thread in TBB.

Pours some 'Dew from the office bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

He struck a match on his tumbnail and held it to his gold-tipped European cigarette.

"Got an answer for everything, don't ya, Sam?"

I didn't say anything, I just plucked the cigarette out of his mouth and slapped him on his nose.

"SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU." I said calmly yet clearly.

I ignored his protests as I went into the kitchen and held the cigarette under the tap to make sure it was out. 10% of house fires are caused by unattended candles or cigarettes, and I don't take chances.

• Locked thread