Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
she walked in, legs for miles. i smirked and tipped my fedora at her. "m-m-m'lady" i choked out.

her eyes darted towards my hand, sitting on the hilt of my trusty katana. i didnt really see where her eyes went next because of my social anxiety.

"im convinced my husband is cheating on me. i need you to prove it." she was frank. to the point.

i stared at the floor, motionless, b-b-because a girl just talked to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i wouldve taken the dames offer, you see, but i needed to organize all of my files first by color, then by size, while listening to videogame music slowed down 200x

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
five

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i decided now was the time. i kicked the perps door down, and was suddenly hit with a thick wall of smoke. i reached into my trenchcoat pocket, my fingers desperately racing for their prize. empty.

"looking for something, detective?" he grinned at me with alternating pearly whites and glimmering gold. there it was, in his hand. my inhaler.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
the bullet would have pierced my heart if it werent for the one piece manga in my front pocket.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
that strawberry daquiri last night left me with one hell of a hangover. it was barely half past 4 in the afternoon when my morning alarm went off. i scratched the stubble on my neck and threw on my icp hoodie.

the phone rang. it felt like a knife in the brain. i promised myself ide never drink again and picked up. "Sperglord? is that you?" it was my latest client. he needed me to retrieve some... stolen merchandise.

"sure is" i croaked

"the dolls, did you get them? they have sentimental value, you see..."

i glanced at the pile of little plastic ponies on the floor. they were coated in thin veneer of semen. i must have had my way with them in my drunken stupor.

"uh... n-no! no sir! got to go! bye!"

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
"i'de help you, doll, i really would." i took a drag from my cigarette and hefted up my sega genesis controller "but i've got fox drowning to do"

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
the autopsy was gruesome but provided some usefuk insights. toxicology sceens came back positive for snake venom. that explained the unusual bite marks on the vics tongue. bingo.

i called up georgia. this was a big break. "listen, peach. your husband didnt choke on that sandwich. it was murder alright. he was assassinated."

"but how?"

"inside of that beef patty of his was a snake. it bit him on the tongue and slithered away. a brilliant crime, really. you see, peach... your husband died of asp burgers"

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
business was awful as of late. my bit wallet was practically swarming with moths. if i was going to drum up any new clientelle ide need to advertise. i knew exactly what ide need: some crayons (crayola brand), a poster board, some glue.

i started writing. "21 year old SINGLE WHITE MALE seeking 18-21 year old BOYFRIEND FREE female companion...

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

"Sam," he said. "Leave it well enough alone."

I stared at Dan's pen. I couldn't look him in the eye just then, and not just for the usual reasons.

It was a good pen. Fountain, gold on black dragon design. Me and the old gang got it for him back when he left the guild. Before it all got to be too much. Before it all fell apart and we all went our separate, tragic ways.

"I like your pen," I said. He winced. Definitely got him with that one. I'm not so great at reading emotion, but I'm sure he felt shame. Score one for Sam.

"Sam, I know we were friends. Are. Are friends. That's why I'm telling you to leave it. For your own good."

I kept staring at his pen. The curve of the dragon's spine. The delicate scales. I'm a big fan of dragons. I wondered if Dan really appreciated that pen as much as I would've.

"For gently caress's sake, Sam!" He raised his voice. It made me edgy. Bad memories dating way, way back. "There's just you and me now. We're all that's left. They got Tommy two years ago! He's gone. Won't answer his email. Hasn't been online. I finally called up his mother. Know what she told me? He won't touch the computer anymore. Too many bad memories. Wouldn't even tell him I called because it'd send him in a fit. Is that how you want to end up!?"

I didn't like him yelling at me. I knew I was winning - he'd lost his temper, but it was still real hard to take. The pen was something to focus on while it all washed over me.

"Fine." He jerked the pen away. That startled me, but he didn't notice. He was too busy with his ink-well ritual. "If that's how you want to play it, Sam, fine. There's a comic shop on the corner of Brice and Main. Not one of the big names. Little mom and son place, though she doesn't come downstairs too much. Here's the address."

He slid a paper over. I nearly took it when I saw his hand twitch. Don't worry, Danny. I remember. I leaned forward and blew on the ink. No splatters. No mess.

"It really is a nice pen, Dan," I said.

"I know, Sam." He sunk back into his chair. Tears stained his cheeks. "I know."

Paper in hand, I turned and walked out, leaving poor old Danny alone with his demons. I'd never see him alive again.

this unironically owns

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
"sweet ride" he said. "it'd be a shame if somebody took it." he gripped his pistol and pointed it my direction. lucky for me, i knew exactly what would change his mind.

"It's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Straight 8. Fireball 8. Only 8,985 production models. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway. But not on Monday, definitely not on Monday."

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
"play it again, sam" i said as i brought my 2-liter to my lips. then i hit the play button in winamp (han solo skin, obviously)

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
goldmine this tia

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

canuckanese posted:

someone do one with more meme references

"im gay" she said, sauntering to the desk
"do you have stairs in your house?" i smirked back at her autistically

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
why isnt this goldmined????

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
as the apartment building burned down around us he flailed his pistol wildly, firing shots in every direction. "this can only end one way, sam. either one of us dies or we both do."

he couldnt see me from my hiding place beneath my computer desk. as acrid smoke filled the air, dried semen and boogers scraped against my scalp from the underside of the desk.

if i'de have known not being able to read dangan ranpa for 2 days would drive him to the edge, i'de have never taken the forums down in the first place.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
I knew every issue of Death Note from front to back, but I couldn't make heads or tails of this suicide letter.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
The ferris wheel turned once again. Like my stomach. He stared me dead in the eye. I was found out. "Have you ever seen any of your victims?"

I replied. "You know, I never feel comfortable on these sort of things. In fact, emotions were always something I had trouble understanding. Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those pixels stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand bitcoins for every pixel that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many pixels you could afford to spare? Free of paypal fees, old man. Free of paypal fees, shipping and handling fees - the only way you can save money nowadays."

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
"You know, doll, if it werent for the fact that you know my IQ has been confirmed multiple times as being well above 160, I'de think you thought I was stupid enough to believe you." I smirked the way I had practiced in the mirror many nights before, but my cheek twitched a few times. Im sure she didn't notice. "I'm gonna ask you one more time. Where is Anita Sarkeesian, and how can we stop her?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
mods not goldmining this thread is proof that there a bunch of buncoing galoots

• Locked thread