Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rcrchc
Jun 3, 2003

moana posted:

Update: I told my boss today I was planning on leaving in December, he was cool with everything and we're working on how to transition my responsibilities to the other tutors in the office.

I don't know whether I should be trying to sell the house in the fall/winter before I leave, or try to rent it out to people for a few months and then sell it in the spring, or...? It definitely won't happen until after the wedding in September, but yeah. Is there a best time in the year to sell a house? Should I stay away from doing a short-term rental until the spring?

I asked the same questions when we put my boyfriend's condo on the market, and our realtor said summer is the best time because of people wanting to move before their kids start school, but with the way the market in SD is right now there really isn't a bad time. For reference, we accepted an offer two weeks to the day after listing for just below asking price. If you have it priced right with a proactive realtor who can advise on any changes you could make to help it sell, you shouldn't have any problem getting it sold quickly.

Also since you will be married before the end of the year (assuming you will file jointly) you should be able to have a $500k gain on the sale without having to pay capital gains. http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc701.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread