Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

bbf2 posted:

Funny how The Wolverine gets retconned out of existence just ONE YEAR after it comes out. And not just by the timeline stuff, but also the "future" storyline has Wolverine having metal claws again.

Wolverine still remembers what happened to him, and considering that the movie was all character growth for him, it's still relevant. As for his claws, I dunno, I guess he got sick of having bone claws, found them to be a disadvantage and using some future technology/mutant power got them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The only way I can see a good Deadpool movie happening is if it's basically a semi-parody. A smartly written, self-aware, fourth wall breaking parody of superhero movies in general with Deadpool as the lead could be pretty damned entertaining. Otherwise, he's just a wisecracking sword flailing dude and isn't particularly interesting.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Well, yeah actually. Same sort of thing but exploring the superhero genre, with a less mentally stable lead and a lot more violence.

EDIT: Hell, get Shane Black on board to write/direct. gently caress yeah :cool:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I really liked The Wolverine. It was a bit slow, but I didn't find it boring at all. The "uncut" version adds some nice edge to it too.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What's in the uncut version?

The changes are documented pretty well here. It's not just added violence, some parts have been trimmed/lengthened and there's a whole new sequence near the end of the movie which is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I think the MCU term for mutants is "Meta-humans" which is more commonly used in DC properties. It popped up in Agents of SHIELD.

That Marvel are legally prohibited from using a term that they created and have to snatch one from DC instead is pretty funny.

• Locked thread