Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I'm going to be meeting Jim next week when he wanders by Seattle, so if you have any pressing questions I'll blatantly ignore them see what I can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

SolTerrasa posted:

Wait wait wait wait wait.

What?
Where and when?

I've already ordered an autographed copy.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

DJ_Ferret posted:

Are we going to have a goon gathering before/at/after the Seattle signing? It is on a Friday after all.

I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Now I just need to figure out how to present the crazy numbers I've been coming up with. I should build a character concurrency diagram, too.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
You mean this one? :)

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Holy poo poo the Dresden Files have been optioned again.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Lord Hydronium posted:

"Bianca" is as common a word in the series as "Molly", "magic", or "wizard"? That seems odd.

The algorithm I use to detect linguistically significant words weighs names heavier. For some reason, it just missed certain names.

I also might have whipped up the final version in a day and had to make some split decisions. :sigh:

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Skin Game.gif if it said "Parkour"

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I'd like to put it to a vote. For those that have seen Butcher in person, is his answer of "Huh, that seems like an inconsistency" annoying or funny to you?

I'm with the latter. Wasn't quite smug enough to annoy me.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Well hey look it's me being my embarrassing goony self at the Seattle signing where I talked about word counts and gave him that art piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDJDn-ggqOo&t=1823s

For Butcher's famous "I'm not gonna tell you~" bit, start here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDJDn-ggqOo&t=862s

For Butcher's "That seems like an inconsistency" line, watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDJDn-ggqOo&t=968s

If you have not ready Skin Game, stop before 35:08 where someone asks a very spoilery question.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
So it's nerdy as hell, but I just used the tail end of a Dresden Fan Filming shoot to propose to my girlfriend. Got a chance to participate in some "let's hold back Dresden from killing Jim" pictures, too.

Soon as I have permission from the photographer I'll share the pictures and video.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Jim was kind enough to be there for my proposal/engagement party.

As a joke during the photo shoot he started to list off "spoilers" for Peace Talks. It was followed by smug cackling.

It was a lovely day right up until Thomas walked up and told me that Justine was pregnant.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Jim took a much-needed break from the con circuit and writing Peace Talks to do something amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPoCQgGp4Cw

The motherfucker actually rode up on a white horse and everything.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
So now that I can officially say this, I've read Butcher's upcoming new book from his new Cinder Spires series. Even got a chance to be part of a group cosplay this past weekend at DragonCon.

I'm the one in the (intentionally) horrible suit. The cane is my own creation and glows a whole bunch of colours and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, despite the rush.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
It's just her take on Rowl. There's even an image where she knocks a glass off a table and Jim's character tries to catch it. I couldn't resist suggesting we take it.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
For those of you that care to come hang out with us, there's a signing in Seattle next week. It's a bit awkward to find on the University book store page, but it's there.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
So, I made a thing. Jim got a cackle out of it.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Considering I was hanging out with Jim while making the site, I'd say it's an accurate figure. People have just started getting a bit...persistent. To the point that there were comments asking about Peace Talks on Jim's engagement video.

Word of Jim: He intends to be submitting Peace Talks within 6-8 weeks of Brief Cases coming out.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
So, as a beta reader I cannot say anything specific about what's happening in Peace Talks.

I can say, however, that poo poo is going down.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Ornamented Death posted:

I'm curious as to how many PMs you get due to this post.

I hold my vow of silence in high regard so I'll answer nothing.

I am simply saying the wait has been worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

Not gonna ask about spoilers but I’m real curious how you became a beta reader.

Short answer: Nepotism.

Long answer: Friend by marriage, attended his wedding.