Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

builds character posted:

I don't care which of Peter or Harry you like better, but don't for a goddamn second pretend that this majestic piece of vanilla human ingenuity isn't a thing that could happen.

Humans are actually pretty wimpy, all of humanity combined doesn't even have the power to cause global warming, but just a small imbalance in the power of Winter/Summer does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I recall Murphy getting killed off/permanently sidelined being something that most of the thread assumed was imminent for a while before it happened, and for valid story-telling reasons. I mean even if she was in her early/mid 20's at the beginning of the series (IDK about cop ranks, but isn't an LT somewhat up there?), she's still past her prime physically by Battle Ground, and that's not even taking into account that absolute grinder her body has gone through.

Yeah, you can't go to police academy in Chicago until 21, which takes 6 months, then must spend 5 years as an officer before you can be recommended for training for promotion to sergeant, then once that is complete and promotion happens there must be 3 years before being recommended for training for promotion to lieutenant. The absolute youngest she could have been just based on her rank, would be a little over 30