Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
In my experience it varies on time zone. Cold days arrived 11:30ish pm, PST, if I remember correctly.

(I'm probably horribly wrong)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Wow. My new favorite. Goddamn, now the waiting clock starts again.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Mouse is awesome.

I like Grey as a Kincaid 2.0. I didn't even think about naagiloshi until it was pointed out. drat.

Holy gently caress Butters. Holy gently caress light saber. HOLY gently caress (Jewish)KNIGHT OF THE CROSS.

I actually thought Karrin was gonna get offed. And then Michael KICKS ALL OF YOUR FENCES DOWN.

I lost it at Spot. loving lost it.

Sad that lash is gone , but looking forward to Harry's new spirit spawn.

Butcher writes really, really good climaxes. That three Denarion fight was fantastic.

Harry and murph, daaaaw. Which only means something terrible is happening in Peace Talks. Harry's not allowed to be happy.
I recognize three out of four of the weapons Harry got, but what's the tablet? I'm assuming the dagger is the spear of destiny?

That Maggie conversation gave me all sorts of warm fuzzies. And nice unintended consequences when Nicky realizes it.

cbservo fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 27, 2014

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Nthing the recommendation for Alex Verus- just finished book two, and it's really well done. The magic system is really good, and Alex is a great rear end in a top hat protagonist.

Supporting characters are great too. Luna is a great change of pace from Molly so far, and Arachne is ::allears::

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

anilEhilated posted:

Honestly, I find it best to treat Green as the guy who wrote Blue Moon Rising and then got killed and replaced by a copy/pasting doppelganger.

This. And the first sequel wasn't TOO bad....but I made the mistake of reading the last one.

Goddamn stupidest piece of literature I've ever read. I think I lost brain cells finishing it.

Edit: although my buddy swears up and down that the deathstalker series is leaps and bounds better on audiobook.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

LowellDND posted:

Deus Ex Machina the series is his strongest, IMHO.

Ftfy

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
He said dumbest outfit. :colbert:

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Mars4523 posted:

Well, drat, I really need to get around to finishing The Rook. Given the context at least a sequel would be unlikely to have the same godawful exposition dumps that the first book had.

I thought the exposition dumps were the best part of the first book. :shrugs:

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Kickstarter was funded, chapter one of Peace Talks was sent to backers.

looks like Harry's not going got be the only one with Pregnancy complications. And the return of Ramirez!

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Turdis McWordis posted:

Care to provide a hint about the pregnancy?

Hint spoiler

Not Looking good for Justine.

Heavy Spoiler

Babby vampire feeds continuously for the term. 50% mortality rate for mother. Vampires are usually infertile, happened anyway. Thomas doesn't know how.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I think I remember that first part being revealed somewhere else, maybe a first line reveal or something. But if so it had faded from my immediate memory. I think the Blood Rites backstory on White Court pregnancies was that they were just very rare. If any particular vampire was actually 100% infertile then the few who aren't would be under more pressure to replenish their numbers after a Dresden-type or intramural monster scrimmage thins them out.

Thomas believes his kind is all but infertile. So might be very rare, might be certain special cases.

And yeah, I remember the first line being revealed, but it's nice to get a little backstory into why it's important. Can't wait for the new book now, and I figure it won't be out until fall at earliest. Grr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

the_steve posted:

Could be that when Thomas says they're all but infertile, it's less "every whamp has a 1% chance of success when doing the sex", and more " 1 out of every 100 whamps are infertile."

Though I'm putting my chips on "magic."
Justine is gonna be pregnant with a Messiah baby.

I think this is the most likely explanation. Plus, as said earlier, Thomas has never thought clearly regarding Justine, so he may very likely just be an idiot.