Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I enjoy reading the Dresden books but I don't admit that to people I know. :v:

Edit: Dresden really is a goon with his black coat. Also sometimes you're almost expecting him to tip his hat and say "M'lady"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ferret posted:

I couldn't stand it anymore, and I read the five preview chapters for Skin Game up on Jim's site.

gently caress. It's going to be a long five days.

Looking forward to more Demonreach, especially after the previous book.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Captain Capacitor posted:

I'm going to be meeting Jim next week when he wanders by Seattle, so if you have any pressing questions I'll blatantly ignore them see what I can do.

In Ghost Story there was mention that Bob can now access the Internet from inside his skull, but I don't remember any further mention of it after that. Will Bob become a Siri-like figure, Googling stuff at Harry's command, or was the whole idea that a spirit of intellect can somehow get DSL in his spirit-apartment-that's-inside-a-skull (is it a demesne?) deemed too silly? I'm cool with either honestly.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

computer parts posted:

Speaking of TV shows I love it that Paul Blackthorne (Harry from the TV show) has a constant role on Arrow because I really liked him in the series even if the rest of the show was kind of weak.

I liked the show in general, even if some of the acting wasn't up to snuff. Liked it enough to watch through the episodes a few times. I wish they'd do more, although I think they'd have to change the format a bit. I think it could have been great if they did it in a more serial fashion, so you'd have 6 episodes or so in a row which cover a single book, give up on the idea of each episode standing alone.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Hell's Bells is an actual curse used by actual people, by the way. I've an uncle that says it all the time. It's not made up.

I say it too. It's a good one when you're frustrated but "gently caress" just doesn't fit.