Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
It's after midnight in Central European Time and Skin Game just showed up on my kindle. Time to disappear for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
That, and the fact that all the stuff a Libriomancer pulls out actually produces its intended effect via magic spells. You can't pull out a tricorder and use it to reverse engineer Federation tech, because its just an inert replica if you strip away the magic. Which means every threat is susceptible to a sufficiently powerful 'rod of dispelling', or whatever techniques for manipulating spells are available to Gutenberg and the other non-libriomantic mages.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Korgan posted:

Does anyone know when Unbound is getting an international release for kindle? I tried messing with various country's Amazon sites and the only one that has it is the USA. loving region locks.

The only site I can't find it on is the Australian one, actually. It's available in the US, UK, Canada and continental Europe, at the least.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

RockyB posted:

Still not available in the UK, far as I can tell. If there is some sneaky Amazon link that lets you buy it, please do point it out.

Well never mind then, I guess Amazon just likes to obfuscate their region locking, because this is what I'm seeing on Amazon.uk:

Only actually clicking on that link makes it clear that they don't have it available :shrug: It definitely came out on the 6th in Germany, though. I suppose publishers are less worried about the English editions cannibalising sales in non-English speaking countries.