Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone else finished The Severed Streets yet? Because whoo, what a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I'm from the UK and it came out on the 22nd over here, no problems on my end.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Has anyone gone back and looked for Harry's commands to Grey? If so, what were they?

I checked a couple - Grey uses code to confirm that he didn't murder Harvey and make sure Michael had the OK from his boss.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Paranet alone should keep Dresden adequately familiar with recent memes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

I'm wondering, is nemesis a person, a walker (or maybe several walkers, we know of three at least iirc) that posess people, or an infection that can spread like a disease?

Didn't it spell it out at the end of Battle Ground? It's He Who Walks Beside.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's Mab giving her Winter Knight a crash course in politics. She's fine if Harry and Lara find a graceful, diplomatic way to part ways, and she's fine if they learn to make a useful alliance work long-term. There's extremely low odds of them actually, properly falling in love with each other, but that's hardly necessary for a political marriage.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
'Usuals' and 'Unorthodox' is really clunky phrasing even by urban fantasy standards, gotta say.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grundulum posted:

4? Symbolism in Japan, or something else?

In Japan and China. It's a homophone for death, among other things. Hence the famous thing about buildings in China not having fourth and thirteenth floors - they call them things like 3A and 12A, or just skip them altogether.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kchama posted:

So I'm about a tenth of the way through the book. My short and sweet review currently is: "I see the Jim Butcher DNA all over it, but it has much more interesting and better execution of ideas and general writing."

Oh? That seems like quite a turnaround from your previous posts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

just finished the Fred the Vampire Accountant series and jesus christ. so good.

I crave more chill UF or "happy ending" fantasy scifi in general. any recs? I've read most of the commonly touted stuff, like Becky Chambers and the like.

You read Legends and Lattes? That should scratch a little bit of your itch.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Soonmot posted:

That's been sitting in my audible recommended feed. I'm guessing it's good?

Certainly the sort of light, pleasant read it sounds like tokenbrownguy is hungering for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TLM3101 posted:

Whatever you do, do not read Equoid. Unless you enjoy stories that make most people reach for the brain-bleach.

It's more the redundancy. What do you think 'carnal' means?