Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

It's been the 27th for like half an hour now, hurry up and release already. :(

Bloody American timezone-centric release dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Just got my Kindle version. :dance:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Khizan posted:

As far as sword techniques, dude's got a lightsaber and I expect him to be pretty clever about how he exploits that kind of thing. He's also got all kinds of possible trainers. Charity was Michael's sparring partner, so she's got to be pretty loving good. The Brighter Future Society has a gym full of Vikings with centuries of experience. Mostly, though, I just don't expect him to be primarily a physical asskicker. He's got a Batman vest for a reason.

You just reminded me of a quote from Ghost Story.

Spoilers for the current book I guess:

"Butters," rumbled Skaldi Hair Ball. If he really had broken fingers, it didn't look like they were bothering him much. "When are you going to get in this ring and train like a man?"
"About five minutes after I get a functional lightsaber," Butters replied easily, much to Hair Ball's amusement.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

docbeard posted:

Anduriel and Uriel

So this just gave me a kickstart, their names are bloody similar and they both have similar job descriptions. Anduriel is the Master of Shadows, an old term for a spymaster. Uriel is Heaven's black ops master and also got called a spymaster by Harry. Uriel means "Light of God." What does Anduriel mean and how closely are they related?

This has probably been discussed but I haven't seen it before. :ohdear:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

That's my major problem with Foxglove Summer too. The book just...stops. There's no real wrapping up of what's going on, they don't even have Peter reporting in about what he found and getting The Nightingale's take on it or Molly's, for that matter. We don't even have a chance to find out just what a staff can do, and if Peter really should be running around with two military-issue ones. It's a little frustrating, but I'm still enjoying the books and I am definitely wanting the next one to arrive soon. I just wish we got some more information about what's being uncovered during the books.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

According to Aaronvitch's blog it looks like they'll be compiling and releasing all short stories as soon as they have enough for an anthology. So expect it in three years or more. :argh:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Does anyone know when Unbound is getting an international release for kindle? I tried messing with various country's Amazon sites and the only one that has it is the USA. loving region locks.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Mygna posted:

The only site I can't find it on is the Australian one, actually. It's available in the US, UK, Canada and continental Europe, at the least.

Oh good, that must have changed in the last few days then. I'm Aussie, hopefully that means it'll be released here shortly. I don't want to go changing my address to a US one and buying it from the US after hearing about some people losing all their kindle books.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I got Working for Bigfoot for 7 bucks on kindle last night. Scratched that Dresden itch even though I managed to burn through all three stories in one sitting.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

jivjov posted:

People like to "bawl" orders, both in Alera and Aeronaut

Using the word bawl in context with orders or just having someone a higher rank bawling out a lower rank is perfectly cromulent. It's fallen out of fashion for general speech these days but for the semi-Victorian/Edwardian/Olde English/whatever setting it's perfect and has embiggened my appreciation for Butcher's descriptions. :3:

Oh and habble and other made up words worked fine for me, how are people having trouble? It was obviously a corruption of Habitat Level or something similar.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Just finished the first of the Black Magic Outlaw books by Domino Finn. Short as hell but it seemed pretty fun, scratched that Dresden itch. Starting book two tonight.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Ornamented Death posted:

New Harmony Black book tomorrow (and another in October if Amazon is to be believed!). And Schaefer posted some teasers for the next Faust novel (due in June); spoiler tags because there's some stuff from the last novel:

I need this immediately.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Oh good, I'm not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :v: