Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Dang this book was amazing!

Butters was an amazing character in this. At first he is Batman, but he later becomes a Jedi.

Also looks like there will be less Murphy as a sidekick, though I did like how she was shown in this book.

Mouse is always the greatest, and I would also like to see Molly telling her parents what she has been doing the last couple of years.

Can the next book come out soon.... like tomorrow or next week. I don't want to wait.

cbservo posted:

Wow. My new favorite. Goddamn, now the waiting clock starts again.

Harry and murph, daaaaw. Which only means something terrible is happening in Peace Talks. Harry's not allowed to be happy.
I recognize three out of four of the weapons Harry got, but what's the tablet? I'm assuming the dagger is the spear of destiny?

My guess is the tablet originally had INRI on it, it just faded away over the centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

ConfusedUs posted:

Libriomancer one and two are okay but are not great. There are good ideas and characters, but they're also sort of self absorbed in a weird sense.

The first is all about the world building, and the second is about how Lena's situation is messed up and I'm totally calling that out and you have to acknowledge that drat it! No really this stuff is whack yo, so pay attention!

There are some genuinely good moments in both books and the magic system is fascinating. The book stuff is just the surface of it. When the books get out of their own way, they are pretty good.

So while I liked books one and two, it wasn't until Unbound that I felt this stores could be great. Unbound is seriously good stuff.

So the third one is actually good? I haven't started the second one because I felt that while the first one was decent, and I think the magic system is cool, it wasn't very well done. If it starts getting good, I may catch up.

I really should also see about Iron Druid to see how good/bad it is. One of my good friends loves those books.