Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
When can we begin to discuss Skin Game (in spoiler tags, of course)? I want to make a joke about a thing about a fourth of the way through.

I don't want to be the first one, though. It would be awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

I just finished Peace Talks. I agree with the consensus that it feels like half of a book. Hopefully, with Battle Ground, the books will feel more whole and satisfying. A few thoughts.

It's weird that, after all the fuss that was made about her birth last book, Bonea barely makes an appearance.

Similarly, while it's clear that the in-depth description of how Butters' lightsaber works is foreshadowing for something, I'm unclear what to make of the fact that Marcone kept Harry's old basement lab recognizable, and why he kept Thomas there.

And it seems so odd that Marcone would keep just a single guard on Thomas. His rescue was so easy, if it doesn't turn out that Marcone allowed Thomas to escape, that's lovely writing. But why? More than anything else in Battle Ground, I want a satisfactory answer on this.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Daric posted:

Wtf how long are your baths? I read pretty quick and it still took me almost 4 hours.

Beachcomber is literally Jean-Paul Marat, I guess.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

I missed it yesterday, but the first two chapers of Battle Ground are up.

https://www.tor.com/2020/09/01/read-the-first-two-chapters-from-battle-ground-jim-butchers-new-dresden-files-book/

It seems good so far. I did laugh at how Dresden won't soulgaze the woman he loves, but he keeps soulgazing monsters.