Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Me too!

I really hope it unlocks at 12am Eastern and not 12 Pacific.

Googling 'Kindle Release Time' does not bode well here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013
I am a little sad that the only lines that Harry's brainchild got were "Oh. Hi. Good." After all the buildup and reveal, I think I was more interested in that than most of the rest of the books ending.

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

faeries also leave corpses though, and Mab at least was once human. So clearly there is something else going on with them and the Erlking. He said as much in the AMA

That theory about "the next one" pops up after every book is announced. I'll believe it when I'm reading it

I totally believe plance for book N+1. I'm far more skeptical about plans for book N+2.

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

mistaya posted:

a coming-soon short story about Molly's first job as the Winter Lady, guest starring Ramirez.

Given how hard it would be to put Molly into a story with Harry, this seems like a really cool way of continuing that character. Then again, I'd kind of love to see a Dresden Files book where Harry is the supporting cast to someone else's badassery. (Pause to realize that I largely just describe Ghost Stories)

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

jivjov posted:

So bring up another topic?

Like I'm about to! I'm embarking on my whole-series re-read that I forgot to do before Skin Game came out. Man the first couple books feel weird compared to the later entries. I wish we had had an entire book of Harry and Murphy's friendly relationship rather than starting the series with a pair of cases where she tries to arrest Harry and calls him the scum of the earth over and over.

I'd love to read that kind of prequel. I'd think that it's harder to really hook people if you start with affable wizard-helps-cop rather than horrifying terrible murder, but once you've been hooked, having that kind of background to the universe would be interesting. Especially in the Dresden Files universe, I implied downtime in and between books, see: Harry playing D&D. It probably isn't something that can be expanded on too much, but showing the 'real' life of characters makes all the saving-the-world nonsense seem much more important.

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

mbottoms posted:

I thought the vajazzling was totally in character for maeve.

In character? Totally. I still didn't need to hear about it though.

Foolie fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 10, 2014

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

Thyrork posted:

I'd be up for a Elaine spinoff, get to see what she's been upto. She has neat magical tools and i want more of that and whatever fires she has to stomp out while keeping the council from digging too deeply into her past.

Which are the books that she appears in again? Summer Knight and?

Damnit, between the rest of the spinoff propositions, I actually see why people resort to fanfiction, at least until the next book comes out. I am not okay with that.

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

Raygereio posted:

We didn't see Molly use the cellphone in front her parents. Either she's careful about that or she came up with some lie about a built-in magic circle or something.
That said, Michael isn't stupid and he did notice that statue in Hades' vault. He doesn't seem like the type to confront Molly about it though.

See, for example, his response to Harry having the mental projection of Lacsiel in his head, which he knows about for several books, but doesn't talk to Harry about until Harry comes to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolie
Dec 28, 2013

Khizan posted:

Doubtful. Harry would be completely incapable of actually using a facility like that; he'd hex a water jet to death in minutes just by being in the same room as it.

Well, as long as he's a few states over as they're actually _doing_ the fabrication...