Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Where the gently caress is the new book? Butcher has gone GRRM on us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Where the living gently caress is the new book? I don't need another SoIaF in my life, I need some overpowered Wizardry loving Up Demons and/or Faeries in my life.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

BabyFur Denny posted:

Imho when an author decides to make their hero a misogynist, racist homophobe

:jerkbag:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I visited a Barnes & Noble for the first time in probably a couple years and was confused when I saw Battle Grounds sitting on the shelf. Couldn't figure out if it was a new short story compilation I had missed or if Peace Talks got it's title changed at the last minute.

Having two new Dresden books available has made my week. It's an awesome surprise after all the wait.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

torgeaux posted:

She is 33, he is 49, and God bless America for going for a new model. But, he wrote a gazillion books married to another author who he'd known his whole adult life, and now he's married to a corset model. I think he may be less of a machine cranking out the books.

Half your age plus seven is an acceptable range. I’d hope that once a person reaches 30 they’re capable of making their own decisions without judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I tried to find the release date of the next Dresden Files book, hoping for a surprise like the last time I looked when two books had been released under my radar. No such luck.

Oh well. Butcher's The Olympian Affair is very enjoyable. Butcher needed to take a break from writing a smartass, loud mouthed hero, and the restrictions of the quasi-Victorian Age setting with a quiet main character built on bottomless conviction and a clear moral compass is a nice change of pace.

Don't worry though, Butcher still gets to insert some trademark male gaze and horniness here and there, made better with setting-appropriate euphemism use.