Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Hopefully now that Jim got the rights back we can get a proper live action series or movies. I hope Netflix takes a chance on it, maybe do 6 episode seasons twice a year so that they can get through to the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Shinjobi posted:

Where was this news? I looked back a couple of pages or so and couldn't find the announcement.

It's good news, though. Even if they don't make another show.

It was mentioned awhile ago that Jim said it at a convention, unless I am going insane...which is possible.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
some good stuff from that AMA:

We're going to get to see some of the other wizards trump cards (like listen to winds shape shifting)

We will find out what happened during the Unseelie incursion in 1994

Mirror Mirror will show us some of the other personalities Molly displayed in her possible future windows.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I think it is mentioned at one point that harry will be one of the top 2-3 wizards in the world in terms of power once he fully matures.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Slanderer posted:

Yeah, Butcher points out multiple times that Luccio is able to make much better use of the power she has by flinging around super thin death rays instead of huge dumb columns of fire. I think there are other mentions throughout the series of how sloppy and inefficient Harry's spells are, because he is strong enough to just throw raw power at a problem, even if most of it is wasted.

Harry himself points it out in one of the earlier books, that he just shoves enough power into a spell to make it work.

There is another part where he says he is terrible at evocation but very skilled at thaumaturgy which explains why he can make great foci like little chicago and the bear belt we never saw again.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

bowmore posted:

Just started Changes, that is indeed one way to start a book.

Oh please post your thoughts when you've finished.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Harry mentions a few times I think that members of the counsel fear him a bit due to stories of things he has done. The one i remember off the top of my head is near the end of turn coat.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Sorry to derail the religion chat but I've been relistening to the audio books and while listening to Changes something stood out.

spoiled for Changes major plot point and ending.

When the Eebs kidnap Harry, while they think he is knocked out they mention the red king will never promote them to lords of outer night because they are not of the first Mya. Does this mean that they are a different bloodline and not subject to the bloodline curse that wiped out the red court? They also were in the never never (with the Erl king) did Jim say if they show up again? It is constantly mentioned in the book they are long term planners not quick to action.

Oroborus fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 12, 2015

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Gilok posted:

Your spoiler tags didn't work, fyi

Incredibly sorry for any new readers, posted before i ran to work should have checked.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Have there been any updates on Peace Talks? I thought it was mentioned it was due to the editor by Jan 1st.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
So if there are 8 more books and it takes 3 years in between each book....we'll finish sometime in 2040....gently caress.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm pretty sure Dresden attacked her with that light handkerchief too.

I think it was also a big sign of weakness, in changes we learn that vamps that can not control their blood lust are trash. So not only did he wound her, make her kill her lover but he also embarrassed her in front of her entire court. The resentment led to bianca holding her lovers spirit there which drove Bianca mad.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
We're only a few months from the 3rd anniversary of Skin Game coming out. I wonder if we will get any more information before that.

I wonder if we should be worried he is having this much trouble writing it.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Harry not using potions seems more of a lean into his brute force attitude as someone mentioned. The entire series has progressed from Harry being clever and prepared to him brute forcing solutions. The Merlin is mentioned as carrying around potions on his utility belt so high end wizards still use them I'd assume.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Don't most Dresden books have 30 chapters or more? If he is only 10 chapters in after 3+ years then it might not be until 2023 that we get the book.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
So if Brief cases is coming out in the summer 2018 that means he is submitting it probably around Sept/Oct which means what May 2019?

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I think the bit being lost is Peace Talks is supposedly almost done! Has this been confirmed anywhere else or is this just the worker spouting off?

Someone else asked but about how long is the turn around from delivered manuscript to available to purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
trailer stuff

If Harry can have sex with Lara doesn't that mean he and Murphy do not have true love? Otherwise she wouldn't be able to feed off of him.