Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Nice hat :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I didn't mind Fistful of Warlocks. Could have used another go through, maybe a few bits changed, but it wasn't bad.

The story read like an outline for a story, and not a finished story.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Finally caught up on the thread, been skipping it until I got caught up on rivers / verus / laundry / etc.

Whats the recommended reading order for the faust side stories? I've read almost all the faust books, and I think started one of the side series. Should I finish that and the second side series before reading the remaining faust books and possibly the new harmony black book?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

ConfusedUs posted:

If you're okay with dragons instead of Unicorns, there's a fair bit of that in one of the Discworld Watch books. Men at Arms, I think. Lady Sybil is part of a group of people who raise dragons and while she's a good person, the rest, not so much.

Huh, I thought the other dragon breeders were just all the really wealthy ladies, I don't remember it ever mentioning anything about them being bad.

ConfusedUs posted:

I really love Gil's All-Fright Diner, and most of that author's stuff is good too. The Automatic Detective is probably my favorite of them all.

Ya, the books aren't that fancy but they are fun to read.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

OmniBeer posted:

For any Schaerfer/Faust fans, he decided to write a little slice-of-life story while he's trapped in during quarantine, and it's.. His characters, trapped in during quarantine. It's short, sweet, and left me with a smile on my face.

http://craigschaeferbooks.com/lockdown

Free to read on his site.

Oh that was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Omi no Kami posted:

Holy crap, I didn't know the latest Rivers of London book was out!

(False Values spoilers) It was pretty fun, but it felt like he didn't do much with the AI stuff and the undercover concept was kinda half-baked; I think it would've worked better as a straight-up "Post-suspension Peter does Wizard Cop Stuff" deal without the Silicon Valley Confidential angle.

Just read the blurb, "Serious Cybernetics Company". I think its safe to assume that's a hitchhikers guide reference?