Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
ch 9: What's the joke about Oberheit? Google didn't turn up anything and I'm impatient to return to my DF drug induced stupor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tulul posted:

I thought a big part of it was that Winter Knights got access to Sidhe magic. Instant, pretty powerful mojo. It's less of a power boost for Dresden because he can already use magic really well, so it just sort of flavors what he already has.

I'm also a little disappointed that we didn't get to see more of depowered Uriel and what the whole deal with that was, but it's probably some set-up for future books. I was expecting it to end with Uriel dying and Michael becoming the new Uriel, but I guess that might have been a bit of a rehash after last book.

Oh, yeah, and I apparently got the Kindle version of Skin Games for free? I bought it this morning and the receipt looks like this:

Anyone have any idea what that's about?

It's probably from the antitrust settlement that Amazon made with the DOJ a couple of months ago; basically if one had purchased kindle books in a previous time frame, one would also get credits towards future e-book purchases as part of the deal.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Silento posted:

:smug: Hoping this pans out so I can say I predicted something at least one time.

I enjoyed Skin Game. It wasn't quite as good as Cold Days, but still among the better books in the series. The action was really solid, and some of the twists really surprised me.

"Nice try? Mister, where I come from there is no try." :allears:

Maggie is so adorable! :3:

Hades is such a bro, and Uriel continues to be cool.

Does anyone mind explaining to me what the Spear of Destiny is? My family is Jewish, and I've never studied much religion anyhow.

Here.