Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Prawned posted:

If you start a thread about whisky and then proclaim your love of Jameson you should kill yourself, tia.

the reserve and 18 year are pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

wtsnaename posted:

Drinks

Cheap

if you dont drink whiskey neat and at room temp you are a pussy

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Bulleit.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I used to like old overholt alot but I havent seen it in years

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

School Nickname posted:

Why do Americans love whiskey so much? Is it like $7.50 for a handle of the stuff?

haven't had whiskey since I was 19, where I literally crawled from my desk to my bed, proceeded to vomit out my dinner and was too poor to eat for another 24 hours, enduring the most severe hangover and DTs ever.

That Teacher's was pretty good though

Yeah, whiskey can be pretty cheap and doesn't taste like poo poo without mixing like every other cheap liquor. Also, you suck at drinking.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You guys got to have a wider variety of taste for whisk(e)y than this

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My friend wouldn't shut up about The Black Grouse so I bought a bottle and it tastes like a tire fire in a swamp.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

My friend wouldn't shut up about The Black Grouse so I bought a bottle and it tastes like a tire fire in a swamp.

yeah its pretty good and cheap

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Copley Depot posted:

yeah its pretty good and cheap

I was hyped up to try that stuff since I like regular grouse so much and it was just really underwhelming, not as close to an actual islay malt as I thought it would be

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
Which shall I drink GBS?

If you drink anything other than an Islay then you are a cretin.

Edit: Also If you drink it with a mixer you should probably be shot in the back of the head.

Darse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 22, 2014

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

Prawned posted:

If you start a thread about whisky and then proclaim your love of Jameson you should kill yourself, tia.

Maker's Mark for me.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Darse posted:

Which shall I drink GBS?

Glenturret first

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Darse posted:

Which shall I drink GBS?

Is that glenmorangie tube a throwback label or have you just had that bottle forever

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Haverchuck posted:

Is that glenmorangie tube a throwback label or have you just had that bottle forever

I wish i had some glenmorangie

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
nectar d'or is my fav. also nice longmorn 15

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
Yea a couple of the Glenmorangie's I have had for time. Won't be drinking the Turret however as I believe that bottle is worth about £500 now.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Darse posted:

Which shall I drink GBS?

Edit: Also If you drink it with a mixer you should probably be shot in the back of the head.

Gah. I hate posting pics from my phone. Fixed.

For content, you've got plenty of non-Islay scotches in those pics.

Clitch fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 22, 2014

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
Yea true, guests should have something to drink also....

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I drink Seagram's Seven because it doesn't taste like burning/overly sweet like Scotch/American whiskey, respectively.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Darse posted:

Which shall I drink GBS?

Needs more Ardbeg.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I have had so much loving beer right now just give me a shot of something right now

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

I have had so much loving beer right now just give me a shot of something right now

Liquor stores should be open now or soon...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im a big adult man who talks w/ other big adult men about our big adult man drinks

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Maoist Pussy posted:

I drink Seagram's Seven because it doesn't taste like burning/overly sweet like Scotch/American whiskey, respectively.

Seagrams 7 is American whiskey. It's also mostly "neutral grain spirits". Basically you like American whiskey, but only if it's watered down with vodka.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Gin is my whiskey of choice

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Darse posted:

Yea a couple of the Glenmorangie's I have had for time. Won't be drinking the Turret however as I believe that bottle is worth about £500 now.

Just drink the most expensive one you have; you've already paid for it and you're never going to actually sell it, so you might as well live like a king for a few hours.

e:

Drink Cheerwine posted:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

is gin going to be the next hipster thing? or is it still a gay thing? are hipsters over bourbon yet?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Drink Cheerwine posted:

My ex-girlfriend liked gin and I laughed in her face and called her a pussy

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Hipsters are into gin in the uk atm i think

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

FogHelmut posted:

is gin going to be the next hipster thing? or is it still a gay thing? are hipsters over bourbon yet?

Trying to be hip about alcohol consumption is so corny. At least with illegal drugs there is a sizeable population of squares that are incapable of acquiring them.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
My dawtah doubts the powers of whiskey in my life.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

FogHelmut posted:

dont worry about this stuff its not real

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
dirty martinis, gin and gingers, gin and tonics- gin owns.

a classic alcohol that would have obliterated the british poors if it weren't for those meddling kids

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Haverchuck posted:

nectar d'or is my fav.

Backed %100

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Cheap: The Northern Lights

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Whiskey loving sucks you homos

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
any whiskey with a bird on it is good - prove me wrong

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My favorite scotch is Aberlour Abu'nadh. My favorite Islay scotch is Caol Ila, which I am currently out of. I also enjoy bourbon - recently we finished up the bulleit and I got some buffalo trace.

My best scotch is probably my bottle of lagavullin 16 or possibly my 1975 auchentoshen which was a gift - I think it's an 18 year old single cask single malt.

The best thing I ever tasted was The Bowmore Claret, which was a double-wood claret-cask finished scotch that has been impossible to find for at least ten or fifteen years now, my friend had a bottle and it was loving amazing.

My wife doesn't like scotch (which means it's all for me) but she likes irish whiskey and bourbon so we tend to go through those faster. For irish whisky, bushmills is vastly superior to jamesons. Vastly. Try the black bush, it's great and not too expensive.

Nobody should pay for blue label unless they have tried and decided that they hate all of the several hundred incredibly good single malts that can be had for less than half as much money. Blue label isn't actually bad, it's just a blend of other well-aged single malts with a lot of marketing behind it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Copley Depot posted:

any whiskey with a bird on it is good - prove me wrong
wild turkey... 81

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

The best thing I ever tasted was The Bowmore Claret, which was a double-wood claret-cask finished scotch that has been impossible to find for at least ten or fifteen years now, my friend had a bottle and it was loving amazing

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-965.aspx ?

• Locked thread