Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

rcman50166 posted:

fyi people posting pictures of all of the *~*whiskey*~* they have are massive faggots

why's that big guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
no one cares how much alcohol you can afford.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

rcman50166 posted:

it's adventure time for this motherfucker

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
its on cartoon network right now, i think

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

rcman50166 posted:

its on cartoon network right now, i think

It's about to be adventure time all over this piece of poo poo

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
generally

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

rcman50166 posted:

well, I know I don't have any whisky right now because I'm mentally retarded and live in a trash can, but I'd like to encourage more successful goons to show off their nice collections of rare bottles here in this whisky thread.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

rcman50166 posted:

looks like you've never been to a decent off-licence

in my student days I was put on work placement for a couple of months with two friends and we shacked up in the cheapest flats were could afford. The best off-licence in the country was literally 5 mins down the road and had pretty much everything you could imagine

we each spent over half a grand (euros) easy every month at that place. we were handed samples to give our feedback on. We brought one of the owners close to tears when we told him we were moving back home

"Any chance of you coming back up to work up here again?" :negative:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's an off licence?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Liquor store in lovely countries. Sells booze for drinkin' off the premises (:haw:)

poo poo opening/closing times. Normally sells gently caress all but pisswater lagers and especially rear end-tasting wine so middle-class people can feel sophisticated.

Then you get some gem (1 per city, maybe) which is basically for beer connoisseurs.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
If your liquor comes in a box you hosed up somewhere.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

rcman50166 posted:

fyi people posting pictures of all of the *~*whiskey*~* they have are massive faggots

I'm going to enjoy pissing you off every time I see your human being posts. Here's my whiskey collection:

I can afford more alcohol than you, you suck at life. Stop posting.

Modulo16 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 28, 2014

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Sountox posted:

I'm going to enjoy pissing you off every time I see your human being posts. Here's my whiskey collection:

Looks like somebody cleared out the middle shelf.

I heard Knob Creek is for knobs. Actually I heard it was terrible because someone criticized Hank Schrader for drinking it. I drank it once after that but don't remember what I thought.

Either way - I only have some Jim Beam here, so I don't know why I'm giving you a hard time.

naem
May 29, 2011

It tastes like, burning

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sountox posted:

hey I have that same glass. nice.

Knob Creek is pretty good, I think. Tastes a lot like rock candy.

Harald fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 28, 2014

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

FaradayCage posted:

Looks like somebody cleared out the middle shelf.

I heard Knob Creek is for knobs. Actually I heard it was terrible because someone criticized Hank Schrader for drinking it. I drank it once after that but don't remember what I thought.

Either way - I only have some Jim Beam here, so I don't know why I'm giving you a hard time.

Knob Creek isn't bad. Vanilla flavor is pretty substantial though. Beam got bought by Suntory, so it might get better I don't know.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

bourbon: old grand dad bottled in bond
scotch: laphroaig cask strength
haven't had enough japanese and I guess jameson 18 is ok

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I bought a bottle of bulleitt rye. It is a good rye. I'll probably buy some nectar d'or sooner or later, or try a japanese single malt.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got a bottle of bulleit rye at Trader Joe's for $22. Considering it's on sale for $26 at Bevmo I think I got a decent deal. :)

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Sountox posted:

nice gentleman jack, human being

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Sountox posted:

Yes, welcome to my fancy bar full of the finest whiskies. No, don't mind the clothes hamper. I keep it next to the window so the stink can escape.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Leperflesh posted:

I got a bottle of bulleit rye at Trader Joe's for $22. Considering it's on sale for $26 at Bevmo I think I got a decent deal. :)

Trader Joes near me has Laphroaig 10 for 39.99. Cheapest I've ever seen it elsewhere is 45.99 at Bevmo.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Gentleman Jack is poo poo. How's that Bulleit? I like their rye.

Trivia: Knob Creek is named after the Knob Creek Farm, birthplace of Abraham Lincoln.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Sountox posted:

Pfft nice try

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
What does it say about me that I recognized the bottle of Malört?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

FreeKillB posted:

What does it say about me that I recognized the bottle of Malört?

There are actually three kinds of malört in that picture

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
i like jameson

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

rcman50166 posted:

nice gentleman jack, human being

Thanks.

BigBoss posted:

Yes, welcome to my fancy bar full of the finest whiskies. No, don't mind the clothes hamper. I keep it next to the window so the stink can escape.

I feel that my musk helps to accent the atmosphere.

Whiskey Sours posted:

Gentleman Jack is poo poo. How's that Bulleit? I like their rye.

The Bulleit is good. That's the Bulleit 10 year. I've enjoyed it, but it has a distinct difference in the flavor that I'm not a fan of.

Whiskey Sours posted:

Trivia: Knob Creek is named after the Knob Creek Farm, birthplace of Abraham Lincoln.

:vince: I spot that Templeton Rye, I'm a huge fan of that and haven't been able to find it where I live. Congrats on that collection of various libations though.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
glenlivet nadurra 16, glenmorangie 12, bulleit rye, blanton's

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Impressive. I wish I had that dedication to building a full bar, but I just wind up buying another bottle of whiskey instead.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Sountox posted:

Thanks.

I feel that my musk helps to accent the atmosphere.

The Bulleit is good. That's the Bulleit 10 year. I've enjoyed it, but it has a distinct difference in the flavor that I'm not a fan of.

:vince: I spot that Templeton Rye, I'm a huge fan of that and haven't been able to find it where I live. Congrats on that collection of various libations though.

I CAN AFFORD MORE WHISKEY THAN YOU

*posts overpriced terrible poo poo*

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

rcman50166 posted:

I CAN AFFORD MORE WHISKEY THAN YOU

*posts overpriced terrible poo poo*

Now, why do you say that?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Sountox posted:

Now, why do you say that?

Years of painful cheap whiskey shits have left him permanently butthurt.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

Clitch posted:

Years of painful cheap whiskey shits have left him permanently butthurt.

Agreed. Thinking about picking up stagg Jr today, anyone think its a nad call?

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
if you like bulleit rye you should try high west double rye it's v good

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I bought some Evan Williams 1783 the other day and it's pretty good.

I know nothing about whiskey or bourbon so thanks for reading my review.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
buncha whiskey snobs (the worst) ITT

I have a half drank bottle of evan williams on the top of my refrigerator that i will not take a photo of because who cares its good AND FUN.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
After i tried Jack Daniels it became a favourite of mine. lapprough and glenlives are wake sauce in comparison.

Laphroaig 18 is my real favourite

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
I got a bottle of The Yamazaki 12 the other day and it is probably one of the best sub-$100 whiskeys I've ever tasted. It was only $60, but it tastes like Scotch of double that value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
I like Jameson a lot. Will I also like Jameson black? It's on sale for $30, is this good?

• Locked thread