Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There are several different rumors floating around for this season of BB16, none of them seem in any way credible, but two of them involve Rachel returning for another season, either as one of four returning coaches, or paired up with her sister in a BvW style season of BB.
Of course she was also rumored to be doing survivor with Elissa this season, but I think that has been shot down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

So a couple of the finalists for the shown have started to talk to Dr. Will which has freak production out.

What about? Or what did they show Dr. Will?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Generic American posted:

Well, let's be entirely fair; Rachel was an insufferable personality who did pretty well in the game, almost always had Brendon and a few others for support (despite this, she still occasionally broke down a few times), and had to earn the hatred against her during the course of the game game. Meanwhile, Elissa was slightly less insufferable in my opinion, but had a grand total of HELEN to lean on (which quickly became an anvil tied around her ankle), and faced a bizarre amount of vitriol from Week 1 that seemed to go pretty far beyond the typical "god, I hate her so much" stuff. It was just a constant onslaught, and made it uncomfortable for me to watch, heaven forbid being stuck with it for weeks on end. :ohdear:

So while I wouldn't say that it's clear if either one would "handle it" better, I'd definitely argue that it's completely unfair to compare their past performances directly.

Yeah, that's my take too. Elissa is kind of a mess but she took way more abuse than Rachel did with way less support. Elissa never had a Brendan or Jordan and Rachel never had an Amanda or Aaryn. Ragan, Brittney, Danielle, or whoever didn't do half that poo poo.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

Game stuff, it also involved one of the producers freaking out on him

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

Nobody knows. Dr. Will likes to stir the pot so he's fighting with people (Adam Poch) and talking about knowing who finalists are from Facebook. Who can say what any of that means though since it all ends up through a layer of CBS censorship and vague-posting and then finally deleted posts.

Spiky Ooze fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 1, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Just a reminder, the Live Feed subscriber "exclusive bonus content" starts tomorrow. Still unclear what that will entail.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Maybe webcast show type stuff. They can't spoiler anything though so god knows what they'll talk about right now. Maybe what they had for lunch.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Teek posted:

Just a reminder, the Live Feed subscriber "exclusive bonus content" starts tomorrow. Still unclear what that will entail.

It's just Rachel's laugh on loop 24/7 till the season starts.

I'm totally subscribing. :swoon:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Big Brother Canada just got renewed for season 3 finally. It's also moving from Slice to Global, which is more widely available:

https://twitter.com/BigBrotherCA/status/474147350386995200/photo/1

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

You guys, Sansa won the power of veto!

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The obsidian power of veto, allows you to remove someone off the block by chopping off their head.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Teek posted:

It's also moving from Slice to Global

gently caress yes.

jordguitar
Jul 7, 2008
We are in HD from now on bitches!
http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/big-brother-16-hdtv-broadcast.html

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
edit: beaten :D

jordguitar
Jul 7, 2008
I do hope that they rebuilt that ant infested house for the upgrade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know why people would be excited about hd. I remember the constant mess the house was in. I remember that time they sanitized the kitchen because of ants. I remember Amanda running around in her underwear or less. I remember McRae's bed. I remember that gross rear end room Amanda and McRae soiled nightly.

I'm scared.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

FINALLY. They're about 6 years overdue for that.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know why people would be excited about hd. I remember the constant mess the house was in. I remember that time they sanitized the kitchen because of ants. I remember Amanda running around in her underwear or less. I remember McRae's bed. I remember that gross rear end room Amanda and McRae soiled nightly.

I'm scared.
In glorious HD. :magical:

Man, I still occasionally flinch when I think back to the McRanda Love Dungeon. I sincerely hope that they burned all of the furniture in that room during the re-model.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There got to a point in the season where any time someone else sat down on that couch I'd involuntary yell at the computer screen "STOP!" I can't imagine who nasty smelling that room must have been, let alone what kind of stains and crap there were. When Amanda started confessing all the places they had had sex I half expect the rest of the houseguests to self evict en masse.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The prospect of potentially getting Rachel and her bookie in glorious HD should be an instabuy for any feed watcher. :swoon:

Also finally good Rachel GIFs not from TAR!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I still don't understand the mindset of feed watchers. I tried it last season and it's so boring. You have to go online to find out when anything worthwhile happened, which takes out any element of surprise. Unless you dedicate hours of your day to it everyday--which sounds like a dreadfully sad way to spend your summer--you're still missing almost everything. Is three shows a week really not enough. By just watching the episodes, you generally get most of the story, and you get the most excitement per hour spent watching.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
To me it's background stuff. Like a podcast or music or whatever. For sure there's times you'll just instantly shut it off again because nothing's happening but other times seeing the social game play out live is cool.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It's kind of like owning a fish tank most of the time. You don't spend hours watching every last little moment, but it's nice to occasionally check in throughout the day.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

blue squares posted:

I still don't understand the mindset of feed watchers. I tried it last season and it's so boring. You have to go online to find out when anything worthwhile happened, which takes out any element of surprise. Unless you dedicate hours of your day to it everyday--which sounds like a dreadfully sad way to spend your summer--you're still missing almost everything. Is three shows a week really not enough. By just watching the episodes, you generally get most of the story, and you get the most excitement per hour spent watching.
I don't buy the feeds, because I don't have the time to watch, but I follow hamsterwatch, a site that will do a recap every day or two of what's going on. I also hang out in the feed thread here. If you enjoy the drama on Big Brother, then you'll get at least double that from the feeds. There are big fights that you only get a glimpse of on the show. Producers will cut and paste to form their own narratives, which may not be what actually happened in the house. It's basically BB with all the details.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't bought the feeds yet but I think I probably will. I think the big draws for me are eviction night and POV fallout, endurance comps, and the Flashback feature. The first two pretty much guarantee scrambling and drama so its fun to watch live on Thursday night and then flip on the feeds to see how everyone is reacting unfiltered. I also love endurance comps so its a lot of fun watching them live, and the show version still ends up feeling fresh since its filled with commentary and testimonials. Then the Flashback feature. Yeah, the surprise is gone if you're specifically looking things up but there's still enough stuff that doesn't make air or makes air a severely edited form that I think that "bonus footage" is nice.

I definitely spent a little too much time on it last summer. I wasn't ditching real life or anything, just watching it in the background while doing things, but it became a habit and that became annoying (and a little sad) in the end. I enjoyed BB Canada much more because I didn't actually watch the feeds much, I just tuned into them when I was bored or for the post comp/show stuff and then used OnlineBigBrother to see all the highlights I missed. I'm hoping I can use OBB and Flashback to do the same this summer and not become quite as addicted to it as I did last summer.

Still, I think it was worth $30 considering that's just one night out otherwise. There's enough enjoyment I get from it on lazy days or rainy days or whatever. And hopefully this season's cast won't keep such odd hours and enable my addiction. Last summer they never woke up until 2 PM which meant everything was starting when I got home from work, and then they stayed up until 4 AM talking game so they'd be there when I woke up. If this seasons' cast is a little more sane like Canada's I should avoid getting as hooked on nothing in the wee hours or while I'm cooking dinner.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

As has been mentioned, we keep the feeds on the TV as background noise. More often than not, the TV is on anyways, so having the feeds running constantly (or at least when we aren't actually watching something specific) is quite convenient. And if we missed something big, we can always go back and check it out.

I would give CBS good money for a good feed app with Chomecast support. As it is, we have an old net book hooked up to the boob tube, and it worked well enough last year and will this year too. Having a mouse on the coffee table works well enough for switching feeds, but Chomecast on my tablet would be fantastic.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

STAC Goat posted:

I definitely spent a little too much time on it last summer. I wasn't ditching real life or anything, just watching it in the background while doing things, but it became a habit and that became annoying (and a little sad) in the end.

Maybe but to be fair last year was when you went from "When did that kinda stuff happen? Jeff and Frank were such nice dudes on the TV!" to being enlightened as to the supreme editing Lord Allison does to protect some of the people. Going a little overboard was probably to be expected.

If the show is gonna be what was speculated it'll just be a constant fight for screentime between a bunch of garbage farts anyway.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

For Big Brother Canada 2 viewers:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/10/jon-neda-big-brother-canada-dating_n_5482295.html

They had chemistry, so it makes sense. Wonder whether it was Jon or his girlfriend who broke it off. I don't think they were together too long before season 2 started.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Teek posted:

For Big Brother Canada 2 viewers:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/10/jon-neda-big-brother-canada-dating_n_5482295.html

They had chemistry, so it makes sense. Wonder whether it was Jon or his girlfriend who broke it off. I don't think they were together too long before season 2 started.

I'm impressed they didn't gently caress in the house like Amanda did to her boyfriend last year.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

They're Canadian, so...

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

blue squares posted:

They're Canadian, so...

As everyone knows, we Canadians reproduce asexually.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

More on the schedule for this season:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1002621/

Premiere the 25th, but the feeds won't actually start until a few hours after the second show the following day.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Spiky Ooze posted:

Nobody knows. Dr. Will likes to stir the pot so he's fighting with people (Adam Poch) and talking about knowing who finalists are from Facebook. Who can say what any of that means though since it all ends up through a layer of CBS censorship and vague-posting and then finally deleted posts.

When you say "know who the finalists are" what exactly do you mean? Finalists for what? The actual game (as in the producers are rigging it) or the finalists from the casting pool who are going to be on the show?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ToastyPotato posted:

or the finalists from the casting pool who are going to be on the show?

This. Nobody knows who the finalists in the game will be, it's not pretaped and not rigged.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Oh please Alison has her ponies :colbert:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

When you say "know who the finalists are" what exactly do you mean? Finalists for what? The actual game (as in the producers are rigging it) or the finalists from the casting pool who are going to be on the show?

There's also the theory that if it is an All-Stars season of some sort, as has been rumored, that there will be some audience vote aspect for who goes in, again. Which is kind of supported by the fact that the season is starting on a Wednesday and the feeds are starting a day late.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It's getting exhausting reading all the "Evel Dick winning was an inside job!!!1!11!1!!!" posts every year. People cry conspiracy over the dumbest poo poo on this show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I just thought using the word "finalists" when referring to casting was a weird one is all. Usually you would just say he knows who was being considered for a spot or he knew who was going to be on the cast, considering that for the general audience casting isn't part of the competition (or much of a competition at all since casting isn't something that is shown at all.)

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

It's getting exhausting reading all the "Evel Dick winning was an inside job!!!1!11!1!!!" posts every year. People cry conspiracy over the dumbest poo poo on this show.
I enjoy it. You like getting people worked up about Rachel, but get really mad about the producer conspiracies (that are mostly true).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

for the general audience casting isn't part of the competition (or much of a competition at all since casting isn't something that is shown at all.)

Aside from the first two episodes of BB7.

• Locked thread