Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Juanito posted:

I enjoy it. You like getting people worked up about Rachel, but get really mad about the producer conspiracies (that are mostly true).

How could you not get worked up about Rachel? She's the greatest female competitor in the history of the show and tied for Big Brother wins with Dan Gheesling and Dr Will. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

BGrifter posted:

How could you not get worked up about Rachel? She's the greatest female competitor in the history of the show and tied for Big Brother wins with Dan Gheesling and Dr Will. :swoon:
She's grown on me for sure. She had a pretty good attitude on last season of TAR, did you watch? I know you don't usually watch TAR. They edit Brenchel pretty badly towards the end.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Juanito posted:

She's grown on me for sure. She had a pretty good attitude on last season of TAR, did you watch? I know you don't usually watch TAR. They edit Brenchel pretty badly towards the end.

They were still massively improved over their first TAR season.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Juanito posted:

I tried to watch the first Brenchel season but they were really the only part I cared about. TAR just doesn't click for me for some reason. I was grateful for all the awesome HD Rachel GIFs that came out of it though.

Edit: Oh if anyone finds this GIF without the image macro crap, please post it.

Edit2: Looks like CBS put the whole season of Big Brother 7: All Stars up on the website. It's geoblocked in Canada, but I'm guessing that's another sign we might be getting a proper all stars season this year.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 13, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I feel like that due to the nature of BB, a full All Star season is kind of a disappointment. It works for TAR and Survivor, but BB is a show with a lot of downtime and no production value and live feeds, and people who have already been on the show aren't going to be as interesting as new people because they are too self aware. That said, there is also potential for blow ups since people tend to "know" each other before hand.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think its kind of a double edged thing. Yeah, the houseguests know the game and know how best to conduct themselves or the consequences of their actions, but they're also all egomaniacs with history with each other so there's a lot more meaty ammunition for conflict. Conflict with newbies tends to come from one random action or fight or some misunderstanding or bad moment. Conflict with vets tends to be about actually problems they have with each other that have built up.

I guess CBS put up a picture gallery of past houseguests that's a little random but looks a bit like an All Star cast, so that's also got SurvivorSucks in a tizzy.

Then again they seem to get fired up very easily.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Finalist casting for Big Brother usually winds up being a pool of about 80-120 people, that are cut as days go by. They start sequestering the final 20 and make cuts/designate alternates from there.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think its kind of a double edged thing. Yeah, the houseguests know the game and know how best to conduct themselves or the consequences of their actions, but they're also all egomaniacs with history with each other so there's a lot more meaty ammunition for conflict. Conflict with newbies tends to come from one random action or fight or some misunderstanding or bad moment. Conflict with vets tends to be about actually problems they have with each other that have built up.

I think it's worth it. I don't think any newbies could have pulled off something like Dan's Funeral and his game for the second half of that season, which was spectacular to watch.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 15, 2014

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm ok with mixing in vets with newbies. I think Dan's second season was masterful.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 13, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm good either way. I like watching an All Star season because it means me getting more of people I like and enjoy and its interesting to see people have to adapt their games or deal with things they can see coming. I like watching a newbie season because in theory there's new people to like and enjoy and no idea how it will go. I'm ok with a mix since its a clash of both and can be interesting as long as it doesn't just become the vets running over the newbs (that seems to be what happens in Survivor but not really BB14)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

BGrifter posted:

Edit2: Looks like CBS put the whole season of Big Brother 7: All Stars up on the website. It's geoblocked in Canada, but I'm guessing that's another sign we might be getting a proper all stars season this year.

It's actually up due to a live subscriber vote on the site. It was between 7, 10 and another season. 14 maybe? 7 ended up winning.

All the rumors so far have been about returnees though. Either another all vets, some form of Fan vs Favorites or a Blood vs Water type deal.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Teek posted:

It's actually up due to a live subscriber vote on the site. It was between 7, 10 and another season. 14 maybe? 7 ended up winning.

All the rumors so far have been about returnees though. Either another all vets, some form of Fan vs Favorites or a Blood vs Water type deal.

How would they do something like BvW?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Juanito posted:

They bring back Justin the Knife Guy to stab Jeff and drown Jordan in the pool?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Juanito posted:

They've done teams before, in BB11 and BB14. So it's not impossible.

Speaking of, for once, I wish they'd introduce a twist that lasts more than just a few weeks into the season.
And I kind of wish they'd bring back the Saboteur and/or America's Player sometime.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 13, 2014

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

thexerox123 posted:

They've done teams before, in BB11 and BB14. So it's not impossible.
I forgot about cliques. I liked that more than the veteran coach BS which gave the veterans an unfair advantage.

BGrifter posted:

They bring back Justin the Knife Guy to stab Jeff and drown Jordan in the pool?
I laughed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basically like Season 6 or 13, I guess. People would just enter the house in pairs, the only question being whether they'd play as pairs like 13 or individuals like 6.

I'm not super surprised all the rumors about returnees, though. It seems like that's the natural thing for people to speculate on. I seem to recall there being similar rumors around the last season and the last season of Survivor. It just seems like it comes with every season. I already see BBCanada fans talking about All Stars just two seasons in.

And I have no idea if all the CBS.com should be read as evidence or is just them using what they have to hype the show and maybe stoke the flames of the rumors. Shouldn't they be announcing the cast like next week? It hardly seems worth wasting too much energy on speculating at this stage.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 13, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, cast reveal should be Thursday or Friday of next week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm kind of excited for that. I think I might make the decision on whether to buy the feeds on whether anyone's cast photo or questionnaire gives me a "racist" or "weasel" vibe.

I really liked the coach thing and I'd be all for that being used semi regularly as long as (a) they used it to cycle in different veterans and (b) they do away with the nonsense of voting in whether they play. I think if you gave them 4-5 weeks immunity with 3 person teams on the grounds that you're eliminated if your team doesn't survive those 4-5 weeks it would create an interesting situation where people would have to weigh the value of trying to get out a coach's entire team in an effort to eliminate him before he even really gets in the game vs whatever alliances and game threats form.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
I'm going to be kind of ticked if there's not vets at all after all the teasing and twitter nonsense.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

I think I might make the decision on whether to buy the feeds on whether anyone's cast photo or questionnaire gives me a "racist" or "weasel" vibe.

Looks like you won't be getting the feeds this season. :smith:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

There's one theory going around that Andy has taken over Daniele and Dom's twitter accounts while they're in sequester, haha.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

thexerox123 posted:

There's one theory going around that Andy has taken over Daniele and Dom's twitter accounts while they're in sequester, haha.

Ugh dear god I hope not. A potential Daniele Donato return is the nauseating downside to an All-Stars season I hadn't considered.

I'm also guessing Mr Pectacular is too busy with his wrestling career to be back on Big Brother. :sigh: A Jesse and Ronnie odd couple pair would have been awesome.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I could stand Daniele without Dominic.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Juanito posted:

I could stand Daniele without Dominic.

Ahem, I believe he goes by PT. It stands for Part Time model. :colbert:

Meh, gas them both.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BGrifter posted:

Ugh dear god I hope not. A potential Daniele Donato return is the nauseating downside to an All-Stars season I hadn't considered.

I'm also guessing Mr Pectacular is too busy with his wrestling career to be back on Big Brother. :sigh: A Jesse and Ronnie odd couple pair would have been awesome.

Actually, funnily enough Mr. Pectacular's tag team partner is going to miss time filming another reality show so Jesse has some free time on his hands. It would be pretty funny if Jesse did Big Brother and they reunited in the fall even bigger reality show douchebags than before (Jesse's partner is Robbie E, a Jersey Shore parody, and they play a douchey pair of reality "star" bros).

And would you be surprised to say I kind of like Dani? But I'm a sucker for women who are kind of comp bad asses and just enough of assholes and troublemakers to need to be.

On the other hand, yep. Boogie is probably on a short list of people who I could see in the cast photos to make me definitely not want feeds. gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Is anybody doing the BBUK thing this year? I kinda enjoyed it last year but only because of Dexter.

davmillar
May 22, 2012

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Gravy Boat 2k

BGrifter posted:

Is anybody doing the BBUK thing this year? I kinda enjoyed it last year but only because of Dexter.

Yep, there's even a thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641065

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Commercial preview of house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5n1LoRyuY

Tree theme with *two* memory walls apparently?

"Family tree" maybe pointing to returning player and a relative?

I like the memory walls too. Look like two big screens on their sides. Should allow them to really play with the Houseguest pictures. Like display two huge head shots of those up for nominations.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 18, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Teek posted:

Commercial preview of house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5n1LoRyuY

Tree theme with *two* memory walls apparently?

"Family tree" maybe pointing to returning player and a relative?

I like the memory walls too. Look like two big screens on their sides. Should allow them to really play with the Houseguest pictures. Like display two huge head shots of those up for nominations.

Also, Julie has apparently said that this is the most twisted season yet, and she's going to explain more on The Talk tomorrow.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The four silhouettes shown in that add a little credibility to four returning coaches.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

thexerox123 posted:

Also, Julie has apparently said that this is the most twisted season yet, and she's going to explain more on The Talk tomorrow.
"We have a lot of great twists this summer, and they will all be revealed live to the contestants -- week 2."

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

All-Stars, family members in the game, coaches... Throw in a hint towards the saboteur/America's Player, and we very well might be heading for an "every gimmick ever all at once" season! :v:

Disclaimer: that was sarcasm. Please don't do this to us, Big Brother. :ohdear:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
As long as we get another early boot Saboteur I'm happy.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Do we really need a twist? Why not just put 12-14 people in a house and let them eliminate each other until one remains? Do we really need to do this "relative" or "teams" or whatever bullshit?

Yes, I'm a grumpy old man. Wanna fight about it?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
"Twists" are their way to try to be crazy like the UK version except this show will still play out in super formulaic style.

Anyway if there's vets at this point I'm leaning towards ones nobody cared about. Could even just be all noobs BvW.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Ok I watched The Talk streaming online (god help me)

and here's the twist Julie announced:

TWO houseguests hold dual HoH every week, seperate noms

4 nominees on the block every week

HoH's are not safe and have a new comp

Team america will influence the game somehow

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo that sounds terrible.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
It's definitely different. Sounds like the season will be a warzone which could be pretty funny.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Spiky Ooze posted:

Ok I watched The Talk streaming online (god help me)

and here's the twist Julie announced:

TWO houseguests hold dual HoH every week, seperate noms

4 nominees on the block every week

HoH's are not safe and have a new comp

Team america will influence the game somehow
HoH not being safe, I don't think I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I like idiot HoHs who feel secure so they abuse their power, and powertrip hard, burning bridges, etc, only to fall into shambles the next week.

• Locked thread