Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

blue squares posted:

Did they actually go that far?

No. That was hyperbole. Besides if anything it'd have been Christine doing the dry humping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

DONNY. And all is right with the world

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes! Frankie didn't make the Top 3!

FINALE REDEEMED!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hahaha, no mention of Frankie. And go Donny!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

:neckbeard:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Absolute Zero posted:

Frankie hahahahahahahahaha not even top 3. So sad!

You could kind of see it on his face too.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Frankie didn't even get top three! YES!!!

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is the real celebration this season.

I love that Frankie didn't even make it to the top three.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I really want to see Derrick reuniting with his family!! Come on!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

There it is

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected

BonoMan posted:

You could kind of see it on his face too.

I love how he was standing expectantly next to Julie waiting to win that. I want to see his reaction when he finds out how hated he is, but I'm sure he'll find some stupid way to rationalize it

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like to think Frankie was sobbing and sad at the end because he lost America Favorite and wasn't even in the conversation.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Suck it cat ladies... Donny FTW!

This season loving sucked... lates.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Nice to see the reunion.

The right winner of the season and of America's Player.
Bring on BBCan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well it was a lovely finale for a lovely season but in the end one of the greatest players in BB history won the game, one of the most beloved characters in BB history won America's Favorite, and Frankie has nothing but an interview on a show only housewives watch. So I'm at peace.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yuck to the time management for these finale episodes. Take the extra 30 minutes if you can to make it 2 hours, that would leave more time to actually ask all the Houseguests questions.

Derrick is a solid winner, but the BOB twist really hampered what could have made a more interesting season.

This is supposedly a backyard interview link. If anyone else has any, please post them:

http://www.wibw.com/live

Also BB was renewed for seasons 17 and 18:

http://tvline.com/2014/09/24/big-brother-renewed-season-17-18-cbs/

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 25, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Frankie getting crushed on live TV kind of made up for all his screen time. Especially when Julie said Donny got 5 million votes.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That moment when Frankie found out he wasn't even top 3 for Favorite Houseguest.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Found one slightly better

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
But but but.......HIS FOLLOWERS!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Entertainment Tonight cancelled Rob Cesterino's backyard interview gig.

RHAP is live now.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Tide posted:

Found one slightly better

Its going to be hard for Frankie to rationalize how much the big brother people hate him given now much everyone is laughing at these pictures.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
He's getting annihilated on the #bb16 hashtag. It's pretty amusing

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So Frankie hand picked Derrick as the winner? Cuz he said he would.

Also lol I just realized Frankie pulled an Obi Wan before his eviction. "If you strike me down..."

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Lol Paola got a tattoo of "caltoru" that word she made up

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Bahahahaha!!!!

http://instagram.com/p/tWlqpcADM1/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jocasta says she promised Cody she'd vote for him if he got to this point so that explains that vote.

There are (bad) interviews happening here.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Jocasta says she promised Cody she'd vote for him if he got to this point so that explains that vote.

CBS doesn't have this going on themselves? They did last year. Yeah I definitely regret buying the feeds this year.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Donny says he had a one on one conversation with Cody in the hammock one day, and it was a honest one where Donny said if he made it to jury and Cody made it to final 2, he would have his vote. Part of that was hoping it would help Cody keep him around longer, but when it actually came to final vote time, he just wanted to honor that.

^^ CBS will be posting their Jeff back yard interviews tomorrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Donny also admitted he had hard feelings against Derrick and that played a part in the vote. But he also said he promised Cody the vote.

Its weird they aren't doing the Jeff interviews on the feeds but they've already happened because a couple of the HGs were carrying around the dollar store gifts Jeff gives them. Apparently Rob C was also supposed to do interviews for Entertainment Weekly but they canceled them. Just for fun I'm going to go all conspiracy theory and say CBS canceled them so Frankie wouldn't get poo poo. I have no evidence or a case for that. I'm just saying it because its fun.

In case anyone cares Nicole and Hayden say they're going to give it a try.

Christine regrets nothing.

Zach said he's going to be on Bold & Beautiful with Donny and that he and Frankie are going on The Amazing Race. He loves Frankie, thinks he's funnier that 99% of the comedians, and can't imagine anyone not liking him.

Donny said his girlfriend turned down a reality show offer, kind of slightly implying The Amazing Race.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Even the backyard setup is sloppy.
They used to put props out in the backyard from the comps that Summer.
Grodner is just loving lazy and winging it now.

2 more seasons of this?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Donny also admitted he had hard feelings against Derrick and that played a part in the vote. But he also said he promised Cody the vote.

Its weird they aren't doing the Jeff interviews on the feeds but they've already happened because a couple of the HGs were carrying around the dollar store gifts Jeff gives them. Apparently Rob C was also supposed to do interviews for Entertainment Weekly but they canceled them. Just for fun I'm going to go all conspiracy theory and say CBS canceled them so Frankie wouldn't get poo poo. I have no evidence or a case for that. I'm just saying it because its fun.

In case anyone cares Nicole and Hayden say they're going to give it a try.

Christine regrets nothing.

Zach said he's going to be on Bold & Beautiful with Donny and that he and Frankie are going on The Amazing Race. He loves Frankie, thinks he's funnier that 99% of the comedians, and can't imagine anyone not liking him.

Donny said his girlfriend turned down a reality show offer, kind of slightly implying The Amazing Race.

I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to minimize the amount of live interviews with Frankie on purpose. Jeff's backyard stuff was live last year so it makes no sense that it wouldn't be live this year, considering they recorded it right there anyway. If Frankie goes on the Race I won't watch that season. I might not even watch this season mostly because I already have too much stuff to watch. But I definitely won't bother watching anything he's on. I'd rather the entire cast of BB15 be given a second chance than see anymore of him on my screen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Frankie ALSO said he and Zach will be doing Amazing Race. They could be joking around but it wouldn't put it past CBS.

The interviewer asked Frankie to define "mogul" and he went on a rant about how he had already been asked that and he is a mogul because he has a million followers and NYT listed him as one of the top 50 influential Twitterers (Tweeters?) in NY.

Everyone was asked some word association things with the first one being "obsessed." Naturally most people answered "Caleb" so I was super excited to hear Caleb's answer. And he did NOT disappoint.

"Tell me the first thing you think of when I say some words or phrases. First up. Obsessed?"
"I ATE A PICKLE!"

Caleb is still deluded about how he ran the greatest alliance in BB history and blah blah blah.

The first thing the interviewer asked Cody was if he watches Survivor and if he knew who Woo was.

Cody regrets nothing including taking Derrick to the end. But he sure did seem upset when the interviewer told him about the TA money.

In the only genuine shocker of BB16 Donny confessed to be the one who crossed out Victoria's name on the bathroom door.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Weird that a pissant station in Topeka, Kansas was the only place to watch live post-show interviews.

Even my Los Angeles affiliate KCBS-2 couldn't be bothered this year and they used to send BB5/BB All-Stars Diane Henry out to do interviews.

Maybe the luster of BB is fading or even the entertainment junkets felt this season was a snore and not worth the :effort:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its super odd but its got to be one of those two theories. Either there just isn't any real desire for it (maybe Utopia stealing a little of the small attention) or CBS just made it difficult for some (Frankie) reason.

Its really disappointing because I really only hung on to this season to see the fallout and between the finale and the cancelled interviews there was basically none. BB finales are always kind of lovely compared to Survivor ones but this really takes the cake.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Its super odd but its got to be one of those two theories. Either there just isn't any real desire for it (maybe Utopia stealing a little of the small attention) or CBS just made it difficult for some (Frankie) reason.
Haha, I see what you did there.
Utopia isn't stealing anything other than eyeballs away from the rest of FOX's lineup.
As crazy as that show is because unlike this season of BB at least something is happening the coroner is still circling and just about ready to call a time of death and body bag the whole experiment.

Is Frankie really that important to CBS? If so, why?
Arianna's career is flash in the pan just like every other pop star and Frankie is nothing more than a hanger-on that looks like a troll doll.

Maybe CBS has a huge investment and surplus stock of troll dolls, sitting right next to unbought Survivor buffs in the CBS Store.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Hell of a win by Derrick. I hate that he'll be underrated by so many because they didn't enjoy the season. That was at least a top five game, and it'll be tough to decide where he lands in the top five.

Personally I enjoyed watching Derrick put on a clinic all season long, but I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea. (I also really enjoyed watching Yul crush everyone on his season of Survivor)

Edit:
:swoon:

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 25, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Derrick's only pitfall in public perception is that as methodical as Derrick's solid game plan was it just wasn't great memorable television. He had a stranglehold on everything in the house. He put the kibosh on any potential spot fires erupting before they ever got a chance to flare into an inferno out of his control. We saw very little conflict because Derrick made sure it never happened. As a result, we never saw Derrick ever truly challenged. The guy was never on the ropes. Dr. Will and Dan had to scramble to get their BB wins.

Derrick was never under fire, he was in cruise control the entire Summer. That's the part that will lower his stock in BB Historical record over the passage of time. It's not fair but again it goes back to memorability and there isn't much to work with with this season. Derrick even owned up to it when he would talk to "us" on the feeds. He knew his approach was Dullsville but his method wasn't broke so there was no need to deviate.

From a psychological standpoint Derrick manipulated himself into everyone's head and got them to believe they still had free will but more importantly gained their trust as well. That is truly an applaudable feat. If Derrick were Jim Jones he had the entire house sipping the purple Kool-Aid 2 1/2 months ago.

Derrick had a house of easily malleable people but that doesn't discount what he achieved. Those were the cards he was dealt. Derrick could have been dropped in BB15 and likely had run the table just the same.

I would place Derrick in Top 3 BB players ever and it would be hard to argue that placement. In a season that had 55 unprecedented possibilities for being nominated he never saw the block even once. That's huge. Dan got through the game twice without ever being formally evicted but to never be nominated is a whole other level. I don't see that ever being duplicated ever again.

I respect and tip my hat to Derrick's domination of BB16 but I hope next year we get something that resembles a game versus a rout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, would Derrick really have taken Cody to the end and not Victoria? I assume he would have taken Victoria, but couldn't say so when she asked him about it during the juror questioning.

• Locked thread