Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

How dark is it? Does it seem likely that they'll suspend play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Only about 10-15 mins of light left I think.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Monfils unraveling.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
This is bizarre.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

What the gently caress happened to Ferrer? I had to run errands after he lost the second and I come back to him having got crushed. Did he get injured?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That is exactly what the tournament organizers deserved. They didn't stop play as Monfils had the momentum and he tanked. Play should've been stopped after the forth as there wasn't enough time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That was the most incredible tennis match I've ever seen, and I do mean that literally.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

Josh Lyman posted:

That was the most incredible tennis match I've ever seen, and I do mean that literally.
That was the biggest, Frenchest thrown in towel I have ever seen, short of a retirement.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Cheering for Halep to go all the way.

Bouchard can really crack a return

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Miko posted:

That was the biggest, Frenchest thrown in towel I have ever seen, short of a retirement.
It's even more than that:

in·cred·i·ble adjective \(ˌ)in-ˈkre-də-bəl\

Full Definition of INCREDIBLE

1: too extraordinary and improbable to be believed

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

3rd set :munch: Huge break by Sharapova to win the second.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Sharapova always had a bit extra quality. Genie did really well but needed to win in two.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Yeah it's funny how closely that mirrored Sharapova's match with Muguruza. Drop the first set, win a close second and then run away with the third.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Simona is playing so well. Almost seems on autopilot at times.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Halep has not dropped a set yet. First time anyone manage that since 2007 (Henin).

Edit: at RG, women.

Me so sorry for being unclear.

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 5, 2014

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

fancyclown posted:

Halep has not dropped a set yet. First time anyone manage that since 2007 (Henin).

What in the world are you talking about? Nadal, 2010 French Open and Bartoli in 2013 Wimbledon.

Edit: Might want to try qualifying your statement with French Open, Women and she hasn't done anything yet since she still needs to win in straight sets.

Furious Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 5, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Pretty much a routine match for Djokovic.

My hopes for a Gulbis/Murray final are going up in smoke :argh:

e: Gulbis is alive and is serving for the 3rd set!

e2: If Gulbis had pushed a little bit more then it would've gone to a fifth. Djokovic looked drained out there.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 6, 2014

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
I want Murray to win the entire thing.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Murray is in for a proper bumming here it seems.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Buddy Holly posted:

I want Murray to win the entire thing.

Somehow I doubt it's going to happen.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I didn't think Murray would win but I was hoping he would put up more of a fight than this.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

ChaosReaper posted:

I didn't think Murray would win but I was hoping he would put up more of a fight than this.

He's distracted by UFOs and human faces in the crowd

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Uneventful semi-finals as expected and predicted; I thought with Nadal complaining about his back, Murray wouldn't be as easy as Gulbis was for Nole.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tomorrow's women's final will also be a snooze. Get me to Sunday already.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Josh Lyman posted:

Tomorrow's women's final will also be a snooze. Get me to Sunday already.

Halep has a good chance tomorrow, way better than Djokovic does on sunday really.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tortuga posted:

Halep has a good chance tomorrow, way better than Djokovic does on sunday really.
Maria will pound her off the court, and I'm no fan of Shriekapova.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Maria will pound her off the court, and I'm no fan of Shriekapova.

Have you watched Halep play this entire tournament? She's very balanced and less likely to get lost in frustration than Sharapova has, especially in her last match against Bouchard. Also, "Shriekapova" is some RIVALS.COM poo poo.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
Halep has been solid as gently caress. What are you smoking?

then again wta welp

Waynebo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 6, 2014

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Disappointing from Murray. He never got going :sigh:. Oh well, he's got no time to mope as he has 2250 points to defend in the next month.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Have you watched Halep play this entire tournament? She's very balanced and less likely to get lost in frustration than Sharapova has, especially in her last match against Bouchard. Also, "Shriekapova" is some RIVALS.COM poo poo.
I'm a big Halep fan, but she hasn't played anyone with Sharapova's power. Additionally, Halep's serve is quite poor, and Maria will undoubtedly step in and smash return winners. I would love for Maria to lose, but I don't see any outcome other than a straight set victory. If Maria comes out flat, Halep can take the 1st, but Maria will cruise in the 3rd.

As for Shriekapova, that's courtesy of Tennis Talk. :shobon:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Murray and Gulbis didn't really show up today. Two boring matches. :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think there's a final I wanted less than Nadal/Novak for about the 200th time. God, this era sucks.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I feel the opposite. I wanted all the Federer-Nadal finals, and now I want all the Djokovic-Nadal finals. The level of play is consistently good and sometimes you get an all time great match.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I don't think there's a final I wanted less than Nadal/Novak for about the 200th time. God, this era sucks.

Speed up every court and save me from this continued hell.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Popero posted:

Speed up every court and save me from this continued hell.
Ivo Karlovic, Wimbledon champion?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Josh Lyman posted:

Realpost, that would own.

Also go Halep.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Halep really needs to win the first set. She can't let Sharapova get a lead or it will get messy.

Josh Lyman posted:

That run he had a few years back was unexpectedly awesome.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Halep had the break but couldn't hold :(.

But my god, Sharapova's screaming is ridiculous. She does crush the ball pretty drat hard though.

E: On Karlovic, a super nice guy. I was volunteering at the tennis tournament in Atlanta, and I walked him down to the court where he was playing. No idea how people can even return his serve it was stupid good.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sharapova increasing the volume of her screams for the final. It's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
I have the feeling that Sharapova is going to run away with this after she won that first set.

• Locked thread