Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Seven Force posted:

Pretty sure it's from the same thing (i could be wrong though)

Having just re-read it thanks to that link, yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

poo poo, it was Stay Fresh AND Freeze

I inadvertently introduced too much voluntary accordance to force and fraud in my anarcholibertarian pseudolaw fanfic, destroying the thin line between libertopia and criminal apocalypse and condemning us to Cyberpunk 1994

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Staluigi posted:

poo poo, it was Stay Fresh AND Freeze

I inadvertently introduced too much voluntary accordance to force and fraud in my anarcholibertarian pseudolaw fanfic, destroying the thin line between libertopia and criminal apocalypse and condemning us to Cyberpunk 1994

it's “Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” actually  :argh:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

my "my ideology does not result in warlords" meme is raising a lot of etc etc

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

cool, libertarian time-cube

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/9mm_smg/status/1758143942342701060?t=U4aR8ONAb5c2p7NnEVd16Q&s=19

quote:

When I moved due to overwhelming crime, the only thing I looked at was demographics. I chose my state based on demographic. I then narrowed it even further by demographics. I eliminated towns for having apartment buildings, liquor stores, check cashing places and public transportation. I didn't check on the economy when I uprooted my life and quit my career. I will thrive if you throw me into the deepest dumpster.

It's been 14 years and I have no regrets. We have no crime, no chaos. We are a high trust society, shared culture and there's no threat of just being murdered. Can raise a happy and healthy family and live the life God intended. There are fewer and fewer places we can flee to sadly.

I do know I'd rather live on the moon than to ever live among people who hate me and mankind again. The stench of weed permeating every thought, saggy pants wearing thugs just loitering literally everywhere, harrasing everyone that walks by.
Whenever I see posts like this I gotta wonder if it's just a big cope for moving over other reasons like getting fired from their job, evicted, or something similar. It's so easy to claim they're moving to nowheresville New Hampshire because they love freedom so much.

And the world would be a better place if people who hate public transit so much live far away from the people who actually enjoy it and want it expanded.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/9mm_smg/status/1758143942342701060?t=U4aR8ONAb5c2p7NnEVd16Q&s=19

Whenever I see posts like this I gotta wonder if it's just a big cope for moving over other reasons like getting fired from their job, evicted, or something similar. It's so easy to claim they're moving to nowheresville New Hampshire because they love freedom so much.

And the world would be a better place if people who hate public transit so much live far away from the people who actually enjoy it and want it expanded.

As yes, New Hampshire. Well known amongst New Englanders for NOT being a land of plentiful, affordable liquor stores.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That guy is dumb (and obviously racist) as gently caress. I live in a really nice low crime suburb and we have all those things here. There's a train station 2 blocks from my house with a bus station there as well, 3 liquor stores within short driving distance, 3 apartment buildings within a couple blocks, at least one check cashing place that I know of, and the neighborhood is very multicultural. We have white people, Spanish speaking people, East Europeans, people from India, and black people

Panfilo posted:

Whenever I see posts like this I gotta wonder if it's just a big cope for moving over other reasons like getting fired from their job, evicted, or something similar.

No he's just racist

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so whats that guy's day job or is he burning a pile of money from his previous job or burning family wealth?

also even if its racist poo poo posting, if that makes him happy in the middle of no where, then meh?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Apartment buildings, liquor stores, check cashing places and public transportation? That's a wild fuckin' list of locations with radically variable ramifications.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Apartment buildings, liquor stores, check cashing places and public transportation? That's a wild fuckin' list of locations with radically variable ramifications.

Yeah, being able to buy booze somewhere, and get around while drunk are good things that I enjoy.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Clarste posted:

Even assuming this works like they imagine and everyone plays ball, it's like they've never interacted with an insurance company. "We're sorry, but your policy doesn't cover that."

They want to pay the guy with the guns to protect them, but never consider that if they had the guns, they would absolutely not bother to protect weaker people even for pay.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Elephant Ambush posted:

No he's just racist
And also sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and a bunch of other things I'm willing to bet money on if "raise a happy and healthy family and live the life God intended" and "rather live on the moon than to ever live among people who hate me and mankind" mean what I think they obviously do.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Guavanaut posted:

And also sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and a bunch of other things I'm willing to bet money on if "raise a happy and healthy family and live the life God intended" and "rather live on the moon than to ever live among people who hate me and mankind" mean what I think they obviously do.

also "the people that hate you" don't loving think about you at all unless you're making it their problem, meanwhile he's absolutely seething at the sight of "baggy pants" and "thugs"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They won't stop playing harmonica outside his window and the flying saxophonists are a terror.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PhazonLink posted:

so whats that guy's day job or is he burning a pile of money from his previous job or burning family wealth?

also even if its racist poo poo posting, if that makes him happy in the middle of no where, then meh?

That's why I think it's kind of a cope. I've seen similar claims from other libertarians. And they would insist it's not racism, it's simply statistics in drawing a correlation between the % of a certain demographic and the rate of violent crime.

These guys always argue they had to move over some ideological pet issue but as racist as they might be I really doubt that's their primary reason. If I were that proud and made toxic masculinity my branding online then I'm never gonna admit the real reason I move/choose to live where I do.

It kinda reminds me of another libertarian online who initially claimed she moved out of New England over Covid Vax mandates but post pandemic she pivoted to saying it was because the schools were trying to trans her daughter by using they/them pronouns in a letter :psyduck:. Are we to seriously believe this lady was so unhinged she'd move her whole family 1000 miles away to Florida because her kids' elementary school was too trans inclusive? Or, more likely, due to a more mundane and embarrassing reason that kind of goes against her whole ideology? Think about it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

They won't stop playing harmonica outside his window and the flying saxophonists are a terror.
That just reminded me of seeing Madness about 25 years ago and half of the audience being the "we should be able to smoke weed and be as gay as we want, gently caress the government" type of tolerable libertarian.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Panfilo posted:

"The police will never arrest a man for beating his wife and kids like God intended, so that must mean there's no crime."

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Demonstrating precisely why Libertarianism really is just feudalism with the serial numbers filed off and also - somehow - even dumber in a single, clear, concise post.

Jesus Christ. I never cease to be amazed at how "On the other hand, all of recorded history" continues to be an evergreen and applicable response.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I encourage all of you to watch this facebook video, because it's just a masterful self own by libertarians.

https://www.facebook.com/lpmisescaucus/videos/3514607302183945/

Yep, that's how government works, taking something you have that you can't use and trading it for something you can use. God these people are so loving dumb.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lol. But also, yeah they do. Lots of big companies donate to awful causes, from charities that discriminate against queer people, to the Republican party.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
That's true, when they bought bud light they also checked the "Dylan Mukvainy " box

Making the boycott silly

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Lol. But also, yeah they do. Lots of big companies donate to awful causes, from charities that discriminate against queer people, to the Republican party.

Sure but they're not talking about the Chik fil ays of the world here obviously. And the response is apt because Libertarians HATE Child Protective Services. You'll notice they have a very particular and specific contempt for certain bureaucracy beyond just the IRS, like CPS and Bureau of Land Management.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Guess the people the Mises Caucus pushed out are forcing a new "Liberal" party?
https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/status/1757540813846765685?t=z50uBWVI0WvP-q_w6LRA2Q&s=19

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

People's front of Smith v. Smith's National League, etc.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Guess the people the Mises Caucus pushed out are forcing a new "Liberal" party?
https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/status/1757540813846765685?t=z50uBWVI0WvP-q_w6LRA2Q&s=19

Once I saw a libertarian on a bridge about to jump.

I said: “Don't do it!"

He said, "Nobody believes in freedom anymore."

I said, "Some people still believe in freedom. Do you?"

He said, "Yes."

I said, "Are you a libertarian or a constitutional conservative?"

He said, "A libertarian."

I said, "Me, too! Hate the state?"

He said, "Absolutely"

I said, "Me, too! Minarchist or anarchist?"

He said, "Anarchist"

I said, "Me, too! Friedman or Rothbard?"

He said, "Rothbard."

I said, "Me, too! Libertarian Party or Republican Party?"

He said, "Republican."

I said, "Me, too! Open borders or closed borders?"

He said, "It's a complex issue and I can see both sides."

I said, "Die, statist" And I pushed him over.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Blue Footed Booby posted:

hobby lobby still gives money to isis to recover religious artifacts

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Someone who describes themselves as a "Libertarian, bitcoin explainer, world's oldest actively competing breakdancer, Elon fan, and freedom maximalist" doing a 10-minute video on why the daughter he abandoned as a child is a lying bitch who held back his breakdancing career and posting it on his professional Twitter account probably doesn't need much more context or details to know it is worth a watch.

But, just in case it does, he also does the entire video in a bitcoin bowling shirt.

https://twitter.com/BenHart_Freedom/status/1759203169773506693

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The free state of bitcoin

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

This seems like a font rather than someone's handwriting, but the contents are still whackadoo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is thats one of those fake handwritten fonts?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PhazonLink posted:

is thats one of those fake handwritten fonts?

Are those things smart enough to have variation in letter size? Because the shapes of each letter are pretty close if not identical but some are oddly larger or smaller than others of the same letter.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yes, though most fonts don't support it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Rappaport posted:

This seems like a font rather than someone's handwriting, but the contents are still whackadoo

Don't be mean, that 5th grader did quite a good job for someone their age.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Our union holds professional conferences each year for teachers to sign up for and attend. Usually I go to the Visual Arts ones, which involve using provided materials to learn new skills, but some, like the English and Social Studies conferences, can have lectures by authors to learn about new trends and ideas.

Teachers have to put down payment to attend, but are reimbursed by the union.

Anyway, it was discovered this year that private school teachers and advocates for privatized education have been crashing them. This stuff is all paid for by union dues, and while it’s a small thing in the long run, it’s frustrating that people are letting others pick up the cheque, especially people who believe in and fight for a system that does not provide these opportunities.

Anyway, it made me think of this thread.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Strong Francis E Dec energy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Still not as wordy as a Jrod "effort" post.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Still not as wordy as a Jrod "effort" post.

I'd like to ask you this question. :words::words::words::words::words::words::words::words::words::words::words::words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Are those things smart enough to have variation in letter size? Because the shapes of each letter are pretty close if not identical but some are oddly larger or smaller than others of the same letter.

Yes, I used to work with machines that do this writing, it's got all kinds of stuff to configure it for randomization. The software sucks rear end though.