Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

That guy doesn't look like a hateful, soulless, inhuman monster at all.

I did not quote the previous post because any human photo that spine-chilling should not be reproduced any more than is necessary.

He gives me a sort of H.P. Lovecraft vibe: grim, humorless, convinced of his innate importance and superiority as a (white) gentleman despite his ridiculous jug ears

Probably doesn't have the imagination to write cosmic horror worth a poo poo, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

quote:

The Flying Clintons
And the killing of Vince McMahon. Article by Joseph Sobran.

That would definitely explain why Raw and Smackdown were unusually good and enjoyable this week :v:

(yes, I know: it's the word filter, and Vince will never die anyway. Centuries from now, the walls of Titan Tower will sporadically break out in letters of blood that read "PUSH THE BIG DOG")

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

TURN IT OFF! posted:

What are your thoughts on thyme preference?
Edit:oh wait someone made that pun and I missed it. :(

It's an honest mistake, so don't worry. Just don't kick yourself about it and you'll come out of this smelling like a rose, Mary.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If state laws violate your Constitutional rights then those laws are invalid. The U.S. Court system, with the Supreme Court at its height, weighs in on and discards laws who are found to be in violation of that Constitution. I assume you knew this already?

There aren't actually all that many people who have the time, cash and other resources to challenge a law all the way to the Supreme Court. So while that test case sputters and chugs through the system--if it even gets that far--that unjust law stays where it is and keeps on hurting people. Why should every wronged group of people in each individual state have to go through that bullshit to secure their legal protections (wait, sorry, try to secure, because you can fail for any of a bunch of reasons having gently caress-all to do with justice) instead of letting one law apply everywhere because there's no good reason for it not to? Why should anyone be barred from the full protection of the law just because nobody in the state they live in has successfully completed the Supreme Court Aggro-Crag?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

come on, jrod would never have posted:

...I've changed my view. ...

so credit where it's due

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Folks, I found some purestrain.

It's delicious. It is so delicious to me.

This guy comes off to me like someone who genuinely believes that Nelson Muntz is trying to stop Milhouse Van Houten from punching himself

or at least like someone who tells himself that while cheering on a bully who makes sport of the powerless

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

What do you all think of Jesse Ventura?

His in-ring work is a bit before my time, but iirc he was an entertaining presence at the commentary desk

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

divabot posted:

Looks like part of the neoreactionary blogosphere (e.g., admits to the existence of Moldbug).

Mencius Moldbug is a fiction invented by parents and teachers to scare children into writing clearly and concisely, and I will not be persuaded by anyone's lies to the contrary :colbert:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Caros posted:

You call them Mr.Peterson, apparently.

at which point I bet you're snappishly instructed to call him Professor, thank you very much

and then come the tears, for he's been Civilization's underpinnings are being disrespected before his eyes :v:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

the Tesla Model F Ventilator, powered by two huge clusters of vape batteries (guaranteed to be pulled from the “mostly okay” bucket around the back of the Gigafactory) positioned right up against your face

the batteries are to power the “hilariously” elaborate LED mustache on the mask face. the actual filter is a cutout circle from a coffee maker filter

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Weatherman posted:

Here Jrod I'll help you maximise the efficiency of effort you're putting into your tiresome walks of stupid text:

Would any lurkers who have been swayed by JRod's arguments like to put their hand up and say so?

Does it count if I’ve been persuaded to believe that jrod polymathy’s teachers, and indeed the education system in general, have utterly failed to instill even basic methods of reading comprehension and critical evaluation of source material?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Panfilo posted:

Finally, I really wonder what these Libertarians pack for their kids lunches since they are all about personal responsibility. How great are those kids lunches exactly?

a hunting knife and a note saying "Only the strong survive. Love, Mom"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Willatron posted:

Mail in voting is compromised! Switch to that bastion of honesty and security, the Internet!

Don't blame me; I voted for Weedlord Bonerhitler, apparently

that said, I wish our incoming Goku Administration nothing but the very best