Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

im gay posted:

What is the libertarian answer to environmental issues such as climate change that require international responses?

Buy The Earth A Gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

jrodefeld posted:

Fraud is property theft. Property theft is opposed by all libertarians. The rules for participating in this forum are clearly stated, open for everyone to observe. By purchasing my account, I accepted the proposition that my account will remain active and in good standing until or unless I break any of the clearly stated rules. Now, if I am banned for either a completely arbitrary reason that is outside of the established rules or banned for no reason whatsoever, and they demand a re-payment of $10 for the privilege of posting again, this absolutely constitutes property theft. When purchasing an account, they actually take the time to refer you to the clearly-stated rules so that you give your payment knowing full-well what sort of conduct is expected of you.

My last experience was that I returned from a two or three month hiatus after being banned for six weeks on account of the erroneous charge of debating "in bad faith", I posed a SINGLE reply and was immediately banned and made to pay $10.

From a principled libertarian standpoint, this is fraud. I tried my best to communicate with the moderators and work it out peacefully and they ignored me and gave no explanation for their actions in restricting my access to the forum that I paid for.

I'll let it slide this time, but I won't be so generous if this happens yet again. You don't understand what fraud is if you think this behavior is acceptable.

Property theft is good