Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If there’s a fire on a farm you can usually run away and escape it, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

1984 can be read in one sitting. It’s really funny that some people are treating it like Ulysses lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Holygamoley is that a super loving dumb take. The people who suffered were the innocent occupants who probably thought that the building was fine. I guess in his world people would perform their due diligence by sap-glove interrogating their landlords? Individually, of course, or else that would count as a group effort.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Many girls and women might genuinely not know what would happen thanks to defunded education and religious crap

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Libertarian I know is about to be homeless after using up the goodwill of his siblings whom he relied upon (thanks to their union jobs).

He doesn’t think children should be taught about the threat of climate change because we’ll have created technology that will fix it by the time they’re adults.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just think it’s funny he basically believes in magic, just like in Atlas Shrugged

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People who aren’t smart enough to realize that they’re getting screwed by the rich blame immigrants because they look different and that’s about where they are with logic

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I haven’t been invited to even one of those 194 parties

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

So Libertarians in the US are just Republicans?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Mandatory Vanilla Ice Cream on Wednesdays but no taxes or trans

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Her arguments are lovely-early-2000’s-chatbot bad

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tim Pool thought Squid Game was a criticism of Communism lol

One of the smoothest web personalities

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Panfilo posted:

:psyduck:
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1613920795218300928?t=G3B0euTz2dPfQBD4OP8thg&s=19
Isn't "the past dominates the present" a pretty big tangent of fascism?

One of Eco’s 14 definitely describes how everything we need to know has been learned in the past, so there is a worship of it (but, you know, the fascist tainted version).

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

One of the most annoying Libertarian arguments is that companies won’t cut corners and potentially harm their customers being Logical Actors when history has shown the complete opposite

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Jungle is one of my favorite books, even though it makes me sad.

Same goes for people who thinks Unions are no longer necessary, as if every aspiring Bezos isn’t ready to claw back every cm of progress they made

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I’ve always believed in something that I heard years ago (maybe even itt?) that every Libertarian comes into existence the first time a dumb 18 year old looks at their paystub

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

“Well” is not a word I associate with anything in America, other than they are doing well at sliding into fascism

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A male feminist is just a feminist

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Order of Events question: do you become a Libertarian by taking stupid pills or does 16 year old you freak out at the deductions from your first paycheque AND THEN become a stupid pill popping Libertarian?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah Musk seems to be the CEO who is proving what we all know about CEOs

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The only irl Libertarians I know are 1) completely dependent on the charity their siblings who have union jobs (teacher and nurse) as well as leeching off their mother’s welfare and 2) the other guy had a great teaching job because he was charismatic but ended up throwing it all away by not being grateful to the people who were doing him favours and setting up his career for him and causing drama that ended with him quitting

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was around Guy #1 when he was reading a children’s book about climate change to his niece and he got cranky because the book didn’t reference the technology we would develop to combat climate change. He thought the book should talk about the magical technology we would make and not reality.

Dumb as poo poo.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

She has True Believer dead eyes

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People will construct the stupidest arguments and posts because they feel attacked for society not allowing them to 1) watch csam 2) date teenagers 3) not pay taxes 4) not build death houses 5) drive whatever speed they want etc

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Better yet, does anyone have that short story about libertarian island where the rich young son is going to his first job at the factory with a shiny DE50 in his belt and gets shanked and is only able to say NO as he dies?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My school provides free breakfast and is moving towards free lunch. The options are healthy and lend themselves towards @you could do this yourself when you’re older!”. Jr High has classes where students volunteer to make food for younger students and learn how to make it themselves.

Libertarians are idiots x 1000

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That being said, during COVID, control of the program was taken away from the community and given to a private company, which charged our school $2 for a Saran wrapped apple.

That’s a Capitalism problem, though

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It’s all just stupid rear end playground logic for idiot children men and one red headed grifter lady

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ben says such dumb poo poo. I use his Aquaman thing when teaching Debate. I guess that’s what happens when you have to tow the line. His mannerisms are all “Smart High School Kid” but he has to argue against reason.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Actually I think I have an example of Ben for gish gallop too, though it might be Charlie Kirk

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think it might have been in that debate with Vosh (?) hosted by Tim Pool before Pool fully showed his rear end

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

He looked like a genius in that “debate” (what Kirk does isn’t debating)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Panfilo posted:

It's weird to see a Libertarian woman put so much effort in arguing why she shouldn't be allowed to vote. According to her pretzel logic, voting should be a state matter. The 19th amendment is bad because women are just these frail irrational beings, and the framers would have preferred the "household" vote, which conveniently covers landowners, their slaves and other chattel I'm sure. It's vague on whether Josie here actually votes but the impression I get is that she doesn't. I guess she managed to get on OANN to ramble about this.
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1636540903480279049?t=qf436zO_8FqHcpZNs8b_hA&s=19

Also amusing is that redheaded libertarian getting into tiff with some other libertarian thirst trap who is sane enough to realize "women shouldn't vote" is a pretty bonkers take.
https://twitter.com/thtlibertychick/status/1636603291177025536?t=O1QLHNwnRdY5jwaaveDFGQ&s=19

The last US election suggests that ONLY women should be voting, specifically African American women

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just going to assume that while they may not have a BILL of Rights, they have CHARTER Rights like in Canada

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

People who literally never gave a poo poo about women’s sports 98% of their lives are in a frothing rage over trans women participating. It seems to really hit a button with idiots.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Libertarians are liars

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Oh my god lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

In the Trump thread someone posted a Fox poll that suggests the anti LGBTQ+ stuff is incredibly unpopular so I don’t even know why the Red Libertarian is jumping into that swamp

I get that she’s just a chud but still

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

“Proof against the conspiracy is proof OF the conspiracy!” is a nice classic throwback lol

gently caress Nazis, though, and gently caress this lady. I think that the only reason she calls herself a Libertarian is because it’s seen as anti-establishment by idiots who she’s courting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man, the chudgrift seems so pathetic. Real jobs are so much more dignified (and less destructive to society).