Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I think last page has given me a good understanding of why he has that reputation
Everyone should just ignore him and move on.. Seriously, I don't think it was this thread but he did the same massive type of derail about net neutrality a couple weeks back. Dude is convinced he's the absolute authority on all matters involving technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grater
Jul 11, 2001

Caros posted:

Maybe he got on the topic from the walter block stuff?
It's almost word for word what Block said on the Sam Seder show. It's like he sees these keywords and automatically regurgitates a random wall of text related to it. Has anyone verified he's actually human and not a chatbot that's been fed nothing but mises.org?

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Oh man this unschooling derail is hilarious. Sad, baffling and so many more things but still hilarious. I'll bet this guy turns tail and decides to enroll his kid in school by the time the kid is 3 or 4 years old. It's so easy to be idealistic when the kid is still cooking but the reality of being a parent once you actually have a kid or two gives you a completely different outlook. I can think of all kinds of pie in the sky things I wanted to do for my kids, I had all these ideas about how great of a parent I'd be and how my every decision as a father would be the right one.

Then the screaming, making GBS threads little rear end in a top hat arrives and he or she is completely different than you expected and your entire world view changes. I'll eat the keyboard I'm typing on if this guy looks at his kid in a few years and thinks that he or she is capable of directing their own education and/or that mom & dad are qualified, capable and willing to take on the responsibility. Much like libertarianism these parenting fads usually evaporate once they experience reality.

Grater
Jul 11, 2001

I mean, didn't she have an affair with elmo? that's gotta be enough for them I'd expect.