Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I have an old friend who turned into an ancap a few years ago, and every day he's always posting dumb, smug poo poo on Facebook. Had this exchange a few minutes ago. I'm Ken Tucky.

Someone in this thread put it best by saying it's pretty much a cult. They've never been right about anything, argue in the face of fact and historical precedent, and just carry about with a smug sense of superiority over those "statist sheeple". He also always posts Matrix "red pill" macros and says things like "I wonder what I'd be like if I had 'woke up' sooner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
See, that's the exact problem that I, and a lot of others, have with Libertarian ideas. "Well, sure, tons of other people would be hosed, but I would be ok." They may not be twirling mustaches with glee, but they certainly don't care either.