Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Here's a situation I have for the libertarian crowd, even though I'm pretty sure I know what the response is going to be.

My sister is 25 and has severe autism. The severely OCD, mostly non-verbal, aggressive behaviors kind of autism and not the Sonic the Hedgehog Wiki editing kind. What happens to her? Because right now, she collects Social Security, goes to a day program, and has PCA's (two of them at once, one of two adults in my county!) Would my family be expected to pay out of pocket for all of that stuff? What happens if we can't, do we have to cut our own time at work to stay at home with her?

This kind of stuff keeps me up at night and it's almost the sole reason I will never be right-of-center aligned. Of all the conservatives I've talked to about this, a whopping three of them were okay with those kind of services - my grandpa that watches 8-10 hours of Fox News every day, some randoms that I talked to in the line at a pawn shop, and my state representative (and even he made some horrible comment a couple years ago about how some handicapped people don't work hard enough or something to that effect).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU