Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
The existence of JOU 'god packs' made me wonder what I would do if I ever opened one. I never did, but I liked the ensuing idea so much that I made it anyway - the 5-color devotion/God tribal deck. This is not a very good deck, but it's a lot of fun to try and make it work. Every once in a while it does some pretty hilarious things.

Things I want to add for sure - the rest of the temples and tri-lands, and pretty much any other reasonably good land that taps for any color. Has anyone else tried anything like this? What cards have turned out to be great for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008

Elyv posted:

About your manabase, if you have access to them I think you want all the fetches and shocks(except Godless Shrine, for obvious reasons), along with Mana Confluence and maybe Reflecting Pool. If you can, upgrade the guildgates to the manland cycle from Worldwake(Creeping Tar Pit, etc). It's not at its best in your deck, but Temple of the False God would also be kind of flavorful, so your call about how to balance flavor and function.

With so much indestructible stuff, Nevinyrral's disk and other boardwipes seem like they'd be great, as well. Wrath of God and Anger of the Gods seem particularly appropriate, but might be hard to cast.

Mana Confluence and Reflecting Pool are definitely going in once I can get them a bit cheaper (thank goodness Pool is apparently in Conspiracy). Disk is definitely a good option, too, since like O-Stone it doesn't require a color commitment.

Another must-have for this once I can track one down - Prismatic Omen. It's basically a second, better Chromatic Lantern, and that might be the most helpful card in the deck as it is.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
I've been tinkering with building a silly mono blue EDH deck. I like the idea of Sakashima + All of the Clones, as well as Tromokratis + All of the Sea Monsters, but I feel like both themes just don't have enough depth. Has anyone here made either of these? If so, how do you fill out the rest of the deck? I'd prefer to not just fill the deck up with counterspells.

Alternate option - how well would a mix of both themes work?

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

That's so dumb I'm going to do it.

With Shattering Pulse obviously.

If you're going to run that, you might also want to consider Aladdin (who, incidentally, has low power).