Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

HalfHazard posted:

:siren: steam's midweek madness sale has X-COM + all DLC at 50% making it $24.99 USD, if you don't want to wait for the summer sale then now's a good time to buy

can't wait for cyberdisc mayhem

on the other hand, for just enemy w/in this isnt even the lowest its been on steam >:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalfHazard

Arnold of Soissons posted:

on the other hand, for just enemy w/in this isnt even the lowest its been on steam >:(

the purchase decision, much like running a rookie headlong into the fog of war, is up to you

alnilam

HalfHazard posted:

:siren: steam's midweek madness sale has X-COM + all DLC at 50% making it $24.99 USD, if you don't want to wait for the summer sale then now's a good time to buy

can't wait for cyberdisc mayhem

heck yes i just bought it, first new gam eive got in ages :toot:

did anyone else in here play the old xcom or am i just the right amount of oldness that im the only one
it was good poo poo

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i plyed the poo poo out of old xcom so much so it stunted my growth and i got skurvy

deep dish peat moss

I played too much ufo defense and terror from the deep and a little bit of apocalypse. I even played Interceptor and Enforcer. You could say I liked these games, before they were cool

deep dish peat moss

:gonk:

We're hosed. This was a small scout UFO and I've already fought my way through an Outsider and 3 Seekers, saw a group of muton+drone+floater on a battle scanner and I know there's at least one more group of something, because someone heard them. I completely loving forgot that Mechtoids even existed and now here's Newly Commissioned Officers Wide 'All Day' Stancer and 'Thunder' Sketchesofspain leading a bunch of low ranking fuckers against two of them. Considering fleeing, we do not have any HEAT munitions to do extra damage against mechanized units.

e: And the muton/floater/drone group just showed up too.
e: and 4 more sectoids we are definitely going to flee.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 28, 2014

deep dish peat moss

I have a feeling we're going to be losing the war pretty soon because of some poor decisions on my part from not being used to Long War and I kind of set us up for failure at the start.

Right now we literally do not have a single available soldier to send to the Medium UFO that just landed, we're seeing Mechtoids now and don't have any way to deal with them yet, we're kind of behind on research because the tech tree is different from vanilla XCOM, etc.

I will make sure that everyone goes out in a blaze of glory if possible.

google THIS

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I have a feeling we're going to be losing the war pretty soon because of some poor decisions on my part from not being used to Long War and I kind of set us up for failure at the start.

Right now we literally do not have a single available soldier to send to the Medium UFO that just landed, we're seeing Mechtoids now and don't have any way to deal with them yet, we're kind of behind on research because the tech tree is different from vanilla XCOM, etc.

:patriot: it's time to go "full byob" on those fuckers

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

It's ok I'm enlisting it'll be alright

deep dish peat moss

If anyone else plays Long War try and get at least 35-40 soldiers in your barracks and at least 4 interceptors (good luck) on any continent you want to cover + give at least 2 of them stingray missiles. Pro tips. I had 25 soldiers in my barracks and am high and dry a lot of the time now.

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
did we all die :ohdear:

alnilam

i plade the game, here's my vid game review:

it good game

it plays so much like the original but without being a boring rehash, its like the ppl who made the orig were transported forward in time and someone educated them on new technologies and elements of game design and then told them to plz make xcom anew for the modern day and now everyone they were close with is either old or dead so thats p messed up but drat did they make a good xcom game

deep dish peat moss

My video card died and I can't really afford to replace it now or any time soon so I decided to live without a computer for a while. Phone posting is weird

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

My video card died and I can't really afford to replace it now or any time soon so I decided to live without a computer for a while. Phone posting is weird

drat, dude

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

man the long war has the xenos doing some next level fuckery

zooted heh

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
rip byobcom

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

ouch man that sucks

if you have any nerdy friends or a local pc repair place or school it or smth they could prob help you find smth p cheap that would at least let you use the pc

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

sounds more like he's going on some no computer vision quest or something

deep dish peat moss

I'm going to spend a week or two away from computers and then fire up and old laptop for text editing and stuff

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bo-Pepper posted:

sounds more like he's going on some no computer vision quest or something

Why can't he just take some peyote like a normal person? Going without a computer for two weeks is hosed up.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

in two weeks he will log in for one last post

"i'm free"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Bo-Pepper posted:

in two weeks he will log in for one last post

"i'm free"

Yeah, but what about, like, at work? Are there any jobs that don't require a computer anymore?

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

I'm going to spend a week or two away from computers and then fire up and old laptop for text editing and stuff

posting from the goldmine

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Yeah, but what about, like, at work? Are there any jobs that don't require a computer anymore?

he will buy time at a failing cyber cafe telling a nearby hobo to use the computer when he is done he will need it no longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Bo-Pepper posted:

he will buy time at a failing cyber cafe telling a nearby hobo to use the computer when he is done he will need it no longer

Hobos use public library computers, though.

• Locked thread