Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

Satanic Sex Ritual found himself in a sticky situation and just got his face blasted off. He was a real hero in this mission and will not be forgotten. Otherwise, going strong, nearing end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

"Thin Man Being Blasted By Arnie" (2014) artist unknown

deep dish peat moss

After a somber return to XCOM HQ we mourn yet another fallen comrade. Let us take this moment to reflect upon those we have lost in this brutal war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAHsLdBRBww
(click this because it plays in-game on this screen)

Not more than a month has passed and already our friends, comrades, and fellow posters lay slain before us. Whatever trouble awaits, we must march onward, friends.

deep dish peat moss

And with that, we've made it through the first month.

All in all, a very strong start. Almost... too easy. I'm worried that things are going to ramp up next month. I haven't seen much alien activity which means they're probably building up strength in Europe. As such, I've decided to abandon Europe. Let it become the alien stronghold on earth. I'm currently policing Africa and South America. North America is up next and I hope to get a grasp on Asia as well.

Research is coming along very slowly but I'm building a new Laboratory and it will be completed in six days. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this cash infusion yet. Long War is a lot different and you can't just rush satellite coverage. I will probably hold on to some of it until my Xeno Biology research completes and see what I can do next.

deep dish peat moss

2 days in to the next month and they've already hosed up our satellites in South America. This is no joke anymore. This is when the bloodshed begins.

Eye of Widesauron

Any good salvage/autopsies? BYOB might be able to make a bong out of it

deep dish peat moss

I've currently flown six of you in to what I believe may be a trap, a Medium-sized UFO (first of its class) has landed unscathed in Brazil. There are likely to be several squads of aliens scattered around the map and I'm worried that they may be bringing bigger stronger aliens like Mutons in an advanced ship like this; if it's at the peak of their current tech level they're going to protect it well. However, if we can capture this not only will that remove a fairly large resource from the aliens' current pool but it will also provide us with a lot of in-tact alien flight tech to research later on.

Xeno Biology completed but didn't immediately lead anywhere in Long War. I decided to focus everything on Beam Weapons which we should have up and running in prototype form by the end of the month.

deep dish peat moss

UFO appears to be significantly larger than first thought, looks like some kind of supply ship with an enormous loading bay, or possibly some kind of colony ship planning to build a base. Either way, there's gotta be a great bounty within. Possibly mechanized units within? Four drones flew out as soon as I approached and they're usually around to repair like e.g. Sectopods. I don't know how I could possibly deal with a Sectopod right now so I hope they don't have them, maybe a couple Cyberdiscs or something are going to be up there.

It's time to either pull out or dive in and I'm not sure what to do yet... paralyzed by choice. Squad is Arnie, WMS, Gimp, Mighty Stalker, Widestancer and Ectral, several soldiers I would be sad to lose

deep dish peat moss

We're going in...

This is what the entrance looks like. I'm worried we're going to be way outclassed here but no pain no gain.

deep dish peat moss

Squad of Floaters surrounded us and currently has Arnie and Gimp flanked. Arnie took one down. WMS is out of rockets already but is doing work anyway and took down another

deep dish peat moss

Advanced in to UFO. Victory likely. Man Down:

Rest in Peace, gggiiimmmppp. You were strong.

cute anime girl

if you get the chance pls add me

deep dish peat moss

poo poo, WMS is dead! This ship had 3 Outsiders piloting it and they're hard as gently caress! Down to 4 men and all that remain are these 3 outsiders (I hope) maybe we can pull this off. gently caress!

deep dish peat moss

Arnie lining up the shot that might have just saved the day... but he's exposedand not in a good spot. poo poo

deep dish peat moss

Mighty Stalker down! It's Arnie, Wide Stancer, and Ectral left! There's one known hostile, possibly 1-4 more outside the ship.

deep dish peat moss

Ah! Wide Stancer! No!

Arnie! No!!!

Come on Ectral, you gotta pull through and save these two!

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i would be cool with being a part of this

deep dish peat moss

The mission was a success, but at what cost?

The good news is we got a good haul. 46 Elerium, 54 allows, 4 Flight Computers, 2 Alien Surgeries and 2 Power Sources, all undamaged.

deep dish peat moss

I'm done for now but I'm going to have to rotate in a bunch of rookies next time I play. I'm really glad I took that ship down it seemed to have been a major player in the aliens air game. Not seeing much activity for now. I'm building an Officer Training School now which will let me get squads bigger than 6 and other stuff.

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

Funnypost Collabo posted:

And when you get up to the third rank I'll give you like a helmet or a cigar or cool hair so you can stand out.

I havent caught up yet but I need a cigar when posib tia

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

No one did anything cool last mission except Arnie so here's an Arnie action shot where he was sniping some hooligan Sectoids from ontop a roof.

:arnie:

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

The mission was a success, but at what cost?

Ok Im not quoting every single update Im in but Lance Corpral Claymore Soissons is p fn boss

if theres a chance for a cigar and a laser sniper rifle, hook me up pls tia

e: oh poo poo full corporal now whats up

TiMBuS

LOL WUT?

haha. HAHA! i DID score, bitch

deep dish peat moss

I misremembered, there is no cigar. I wish. I'm working on laser weapons now but laser sniper rifles might be even further out so we'll see. Usually the sniper stays safe and racks up the most kills but I haven't played this mod before so we'll see. There will be jet suits for snipers eventually but they're way out there. Several months away

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

I misremembered, there is no cigar. I wish. I'm working on laser weapons now but laser sniper rifles might be even further out so we'll see. Usually the sniper stays safe and racks up the most kills but I haven't played this mod before so we'll see. There will be jet suits for snipers eventually but they're way out there. Several months away

cool its all good

looking forward to seeing somebody in a jet pack at some point tho

Captain No-mates

I would like to take part in this adventure with my friends :)

deep dish peat moss

I let Sid lead a mission with some rookies and it went OK except at one point sid got injected by Thin Man acid and started stumbling around and panicked, which panicked A Single Heh and they both spent a turn cowering in fear and holding each other.

I'm going to make A Single Heh in to a backup sniper in case Arnie dies or for when he's tired

deep dish peat moss

It was Arnie's turn to lead a team of rookies and it was a real smooth operation

cuntman.net

still a rookie :smith:

deep dish peat moss

I'm actually gonna need even more rookies, I'm already up to Captain Nomates and have no one else to go, so if you already died and want to be reborn or if you want to volunteer another poster let me know. Most of the big boy squad is tied up with really bad injuries still and should be coming out soon, then I think each one of them is going to have their own squad of other guys so there should be 3-4 rotating squads. Right now I'm going in to a mission with LCPL Shin42k leading a SPEC and 4 rookies, to let you know how thin my ranks are stretched atm.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 23, 2014

deep dish peat moss

Arnie is for real Action Hero status now he's getting so good he has 100% hit chance against a lot of this stuff and if he can survive until I get jet suits he can just fly way up in to the sky and rain plasma over the entire battlefield from so far away that the enemies can't retaliate.

deep dish peat moss

Oh no, the Mutons are showing up now

Laser weapons still like a week out in the research stage, then I need to build them still.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 23, 2014

shin42k

Oh no, the Mutons are showing up now

Laser weapons still like a week out in the research stage, then I need to build them still.

I'm gonna die aren't I :smith:

deep dish peat moss

shin42k posted:

I'm gonna die aren't I :smith:

shin42k blasted down almost immediately by a muton

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW
rip shin

shin42k

shin42k blasted down almost immediately by a muton

I don't know what hurt me more, the blast or the irony.

deep dish peat moss

Green Calx died now too and everyone is panicking. This might be the first mission we lose.

deep dish peat moss

The muton is scared of limed00d and keeps running away from him

deep dish peat moss

limed00d just got mind probed and panicked, ran out of cover and got shot up, then captain nomates started to panic. He's been panicing for like half of this mission. A Single Heh is doing what he can with a sniper rifle and Watho is here too but I don't know how I'm going to get out of this one alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

big rear end pic of Watho finishing that fucker off after he put himself in a reall dumb position

• Locked thread