Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

RIP The Rage, strangled to death by a Seeker while the rest of the team was busy dealing with threats which would jeopardize more than just you. A group of floaters has approached, but all of the enemies mentioned before except possibly one Thin Man are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

RIP Half Hazard, but you did take two of them down with you.

deep dish peat moss

Things got really bad and everyone except Arnie is dead. I'm trying to flee, I think he will make it out. We've lost France, I guess.

deep dish peat moss

A somber day indeed. Erik Andersen was someone I forgot to name.

deep dish peat moss

The worst part is, we lost all three of our laser rifles. poo poo. I had to spend some very Precious meld to build two quickly, and building two more in the standard time.

Arnold of Soissons

by XyloJW

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Things got really bad and everyone except Arnie is dead. I'm trying to flee, I think he will make it out. We've lost France, I guess.

woah holy poo poo RIP all my fallen friends :(

deep dish peat moss

:siren: important plot note :siren:

Remember this?

We found some dead bodies lumped up against some destroyed APCs.

Be on the lookout guys. I'm not sure I like this.

Well, poo poo is getting real, again, for like the sixth time. We've finished interrogating the survivor of the attack. I have... grim news.
(click for big to read the text)

We have a new enemy, and their name is EXALT, a group of renegade alien sympathizers, but for now, that's all we know.

We know there is an EXALT cell in Mexico, and now we need to choose an undercover operative. Because literally every single named soldier I have currently is wounded and will be for some time, I need a special volunteer.

I have one position open for a new rookie. You will be away from base for long periods of time and will likely not see combat against the alien menace. Instead, you will be infiltrating EXALT, reporting locations of their critical supply caches and bases, and joining us in the assault against them. Please let me know if you would like this position.

NOTE: you get a cool jacket and you're limited to pistols only:

This is a good place to take a break so I am.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 25, 2014

deep dish peat moss

I hope the fact that the last mission was named Operation Burning Future isn't foreshadowing gloomy upcoming news.

ron color
oh man, rip cowa, and the rage.....and half hazard.....and, why
why do i feel so cold

hemale in pain

Is this mod super good then? I was thinking of replaying Xcom on classic/ironman but I might try this instead.

deep dish peat moss

I really feel the pain of our recent losses

deep dish peat moss

hemale in pain posted:

Is this mod super good then? I was thinking of replaying Xcom on classic/ironman but I might try this instead.

After playing with the mod I won't play the game again without the mod. I talked a lot about how it changes the game on the last page.

deep dish peat moss

If I could do this all over from the beginning though for the purpose of this thread I would have chosen the "Not-so-long War" option that speeds things up a little. If we die off and fail and I'm not burned out on the game that's how I'll restart it. I kind of want to just do that now and better organize the thread but I know some people are attached to their lil dudes

ron color
would you destroy all for which we have fought, and suffered

Machai

:siren: important plot note :siren:

Remember this?

Well, poo poo is getting real, again, for like the sixth time. We've finished interrogating the survivor of the attack. I have... grim news.
(click for big to read the text)

We have a new enemy, and their name is EXALT, a group of renegade alien sympathizers, but for now, that's all we know.

We know there is an EXALT cell in Mexico, and now we need to choose an undercover operative. Because literally every single named soldier I have currently is wounded and will be for some time, I need a special volunteer.

I have one position open for a new rookie. You will be away from base for long periods of time and will likely not see combat against the alien menace. Instead, you will be infiltrating EXALT, reporting locations of their critical supply caches and bases, and joining us in the assault against them. Please let me know if you would like this position.

NOTE: you get a cool jacket and you're limited to pistols only:

This is a good place to take a break so I am.

Make the operative "Ralp" and just refer to EXALT as FYAD

Jamizzy99
Sign me up sir!

edit: to kill aliens, not be a spy

Jamizzy99 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 25, 2014

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

RaIp posted:

alnilam

i could be that spy guy or a reg guy w/e, as long as i can blast dr dre's seminal 1992 album "the chronic" while i blast fools

also as a big fan of the old xcom you are convincing me to try out this new xcom game it looks awesome

google THIS

rip, incorrectly named me

my IRL name is eric so it kinda worked out

Machai

Jett posted:

rip, incorrectly named me

my IRL name is eric so it kinda worked out

mods please ban this guy for doxxing

Eye of Widesauron

Zorak gassed the LP Blasting Zone thread

Its funny because this is better already than some of the SSLP's

I can't wait to be healed and join my brothers in arms again :911:

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

RaIp posted:

Mac Tonight

aw yeah tahts it man
I'm in.

Pinche Rudo

Let's loving do this. GET SOME BRO

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

please make me a dude so I can die vicariously to aliens.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
420 smoke aliens

Pinche Rudo

Double post

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 25, 2014

google THIS

I'd like to be queued to be reincarnated or whatever. you can make my last name "fuckface"

owl milk
i havent enlisted yet i just realized. call my guy "owl milk" or something

Ape Fist

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
lol because wms thinks he's not a loving xeno

cute anime girl

pull me up from the grave funnypost

deep dish peat moss

Okay this sucks.

This is the 'official' hard version of that fisherman's wharf map that has ruined us twice now. Instead of just killing everything, we have to fight our way across the wharf on to a boat, which has an infected whale carcass on it that spends the entire time infinitely spawning chryssalids. We have to fight our way on to the boat while they keep spawning, climb up to the deck, and set some bombs, then escape everyone back to the evac zone, and it keeps infinitely spawning chryssalids.

We don't have a single soldier available right now that has even seen a mission before, so I'm just abandoning it. This isn't going to make the Council happy but we really have no choice. There's no way for us to successfully complete this mission and I can't even afford to replace dead rookies right now (we're still desperate for 4-5 more interceptors but that's like an entire month's worth of money), I would be wary even if we still had our A Squad. This might be the beginning of things spiraling out of control.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 26, 2014

Bummey

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
i promise I'm not an exalt infiltrator so you should put me on the front lines with your a team.

Tater Tot 13

Making the best of a goon situation.
reporting for duty!

tao of lmao

Zombie Julio is a clear improvement over regular Julio.

deep dish peat moss

Air Julio posted:

Zombie Julio is a clear improvement over regular Julio.

He really is. Zombie Julio has been useful in every mission I bring him on.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I want to shoot some beams at aliens

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Also the thread title could be read as Xenos' cum lol

HalfHazard

RIP Half Hazard, but you did take two of them down with you.

a more badass death than i expected, nice

add my name back into the rotation please, my body might be spent but my lust for alien blood will never die

looking foward to seeing if EXALT are still chumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Thanks for the new thread title, I'm going to play more either tonight or tomorrow

e: Actually I'm playing right now. It's time for Sid to lead another squad of rookies.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 26, 2014

• Locked thread