Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Poison weapons no longer allow re-rolls when the natural Strength is the same as the opponent's Toughness. Strength has to be at least 1 higher to get the re-roll now. Another nerf to Tyranids because there were all those poison weapon-based Assault lists out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Imagine if Tyranids still had their spore pods. Having a S6/T4 Monstrous Creature Troop on each objective would've been pretty cool.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

But really it always sucks to be the first codex of a new edition.

Worked out pretty well for Necrons.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I don't know if I would give them enough credit to say that WAAAAGH! is new. It just allows Orks to behave the same as they did when their last codex was released originally, before Fleet was changed.

So are there formations in the actual codex for Orks, or is this formation they're talking about the supplement that comes with the more expensive version of the Codex?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Can you explain how Da Lucky Stikk works? I saw the early leak of the relics, but re-rolling any failed hit, wound, or saving throw so long as you don't fail them again 3 times in the same turn seemed too strong. Seems like an auto-include for an army with high-strength and good armor saves, like mega-nobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Amarcarts posted:

I read the Eisenhorn trilogy and the first 3 or so Horus Heresy books. What are some other novels that are good? I enjoy reading about the crazy society stuff more than the straight warfare stuff.

The most obvious recommendation is the Ravenor series. It somewhat follows after Eisenhorn, and is very similar if you enjoyed that trilogy (https://www.amazon.com/Ravenor-Dan-Abnett/dp/1784963313/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1475166154&sr=8-1).

• Locked thread