Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ignite Memories posted:

Does anyone know anything about how weirdboyz are going to work in the new codex? I have two of them that I've lovingly converted and I would just be tickled pink if they turned out to not be the worst psykers in the game anymore.

Orks aren't humans, so don't hold your breath. But hey, at least orks aren't tyranids. Am I right?:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Old Zogwort even lost his Curse :(

Menopause is tough on an old ork.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

As that's Bad Munz I have to assume its creator went insane painting all that yellow.

It looks like they wimped out and used lots of not-yellow.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ork pre-orders are up

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Flash-Gitz
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Smasha-Gun
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Traktor-Kannon
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Kustom-Mega-kannon
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Mek-Gunz-Bubblechukka
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Big-Mek-with-Shokk-Attack-Gun

$46 per gun or, you know, $4 in plasticard, bits, and some effort.

E:Video unrelated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGSTOShh1Yg

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 13, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Flash Gitz are only up for pre-order? I saw 5 boxes at my LGS.

How many did you buy, four or all five?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

The part I don't understand about the Wraithknight most is that somewhere, someone sat down and said "hm what could I do to improve this model ah yes greenstuff tits and a vent vagina. perfect."

I just can't understand that.

Ventgina

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Yes, once in his/her lifetime, every ham must make the HaGW and walk in circles around Nottingham holding a copy of White Dwarf #1 and burning a sack of money.

Now I'm stuck between grabbing a Squiggoth and an 'Orkanaut. :( Suggestions?

Neither? At least until the codex drops.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Meeplemart has a good gaming space for 40k, though they recently moved locations and are now a bit south on Spadina. Dueling Grounds is between Lansdowne and Dufferin station with a basement holding some nice terrain pieces, but don't expect a pick up game there easily. Not sure when DG has it's 40k nights but I think Meeplemart's still on Sundays. There was talk of Meeplemart possibly banning 40k after the last round of GW bullshit they had to deal with but I seriously doubt that'll happen in the near future.

My games have been few and far between lately, but I've usually got Sundays free if you're having a hard time finding a game.

Meeplemart recently got annoyed at GW about the 7th edition release, so you might call and ask if you can still play it before you head over.

If you are out the West end you can try:

Heavy Support Games
1120 The Queensway
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

can't wait to find out how mediocre the codex is so everyone can scream about it being awful, it's the best part of the new releases.

for real though i'm excited to see what those relics do.

It's almost as good as the White Knight brigade that immediately follows up and tries to spin every lovely rule or bad idea as awesome and innovative!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Who is the author of the new Ork Codex?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Oh my god, it's the same poo poo (nearly) every Codex release.

So go visit Reddit for a week and get a vacation from it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

Awesome - Ork codex isn't even out and everyone has declared it dead and poo poo all over it already. The merry-go-round never stops.

Feel free to go hang out on your own IC forums and avoid all the doom and gloom of people who don't lap up everything GW burps out.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cataphract posted:

Fight fight fight fight

Not really. But bitching about bitching is incredibly stupid. If you don't like the moaning, change the channel. No amount of "Not this again" will make it stop, so just go read/watch/do something else until a week after the codex drops officially. Or if you insist on staying here, accept the fact that GW fans can also be it's greatest detractors and quit crying about people bagging on new releases.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

Oh you cut me to the core.

Not meant to be cutting, but why is anyone surprised that people belly ache about new stuff from GW? And if it is so bothersome to scroll past posts that gripe, maybe a few regulars of this thread should think about taking a brief sabbatical until the codex is out. Though admittedly with GWs new release schedule the griping may never let up.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 21, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

What are some better game systems I could try to use my 40k models with?

Did Mantic ever put out those skirmish game rules?

Mantic skirmish rules are on the way in the near future. So is the third edition of Infinity, with tighter rules and better translations. For that matter you could use the community edition Necromunda rules if you want a skirmish level game.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

What are these from?

A new Ork codex just dropped, so I will give you three guesses.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Considering the last line of the image says "see page 97 of Codex: Orks" your first guess is wrong.

Is it from the Bible, Alex?

(Phone posting so reading fine details isn't easy.)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cataphract posted:

It's the ghazzkul/goff supplement that comes with the collectors edition

So I wasn't too far off...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Goat Bouillabaise posted:

I didn't see anyone comment on it already, but the Thanatar is up for preorder. Whoof, that thing's huge.

Nice Warjack.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

SRM posted:

If the next Dawn of War is a MOBA I will carve "RIP RELIC" on my bare chest and hang myself off the tallest building I can find.

Quoting for posterity.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Speaking of drop pods, are there any good model alternatives for them? I really don't want to spend £20+ on one if there's any reasonable options.

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=211
http://www.miniaturescenery.com/DataPage.asp?Code=BNKTL

Or else scratch build.
http://adepticusprime.blogspot.com/2009/03/on-bench-drop-pods.html

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You guys are forgetting the biggest buff to Orks:

Access to Hammerhand Fist of Mork

ftfy

DO IT TO IT posted:

I'm not experienced in Forgeworld stuff, can someone tell me what book I need for the Dreadmob rules?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 26, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Power Player posted:

Big Mek in Mega-Armour is up. http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Big-Mek-in-Mega-Armour

So are they releasing a Big Mek with KFF without Mega-Armor? I don't see one on the site yet, and they took the old one down as posted earlier in this thread. That... doesn't make any sense.

Better yet they have their awesome 1 click deal up, behold Da Goff Guard!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Is the codex on wide release tomorrow?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Plus a grot!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Nyarlothotep posted:

Looks like a new battlebox is coming out next week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9j98esnpuM

That is so vague it could be anything. A new campaign, a new data slate, a new starter set; who knows?

And is it Orks and IG or Orks and Space Marines? How do the Knights factor in? I know GW love tight control around their IP, but since I know leaks will be only guesses I'll just wait 5 days and find out. Being annoyed by this fact is not the way to hype your game GW.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Elfface posted:

The user. It's an instant death effect that bypasses immunity to instant death through different wording.

Basically, the sticks are great until you fail three re-rolls in a turn. Then you die and no force can save you.

Except maybe stop re-rolling after 2 fails?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Looking at the Ork codex I just obtained, two things stick out. The buggy profile uses the old as dirt model, so probably no plastic buggy. And Ork boys are now squad size 10 max as opposed to 10-30. Which seems like a huge problem with the new mob rule and other stuff that winnows down your squad as it moves across the board. Or am I missing something here?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cataphract posted:

Important question... gorkanaut or morkanaut... I am building this sucker right NOW!

Model whichever looks cooler and just pick Gork or Mork in your list.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Karandras posted:

What sort of new SW models though? A couple of special characters and idk some wolves? I imagine they'll do a new transport for them, perhaps. A small and cheap assault transport could be interesting though it might just bring back the horrors of Rhino Rushing

I understand a new SW flyer may be on deck.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

lovestick posted:

What will they call it though...

Wolfstorm?

Stormwolf?

Wolfclaw?

Clawstorm?

I'm going with Wolfwolf.

Piloted by Lupine Louie.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Other than Ghaz, Trukks and Kans, what got substantially shittier?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

The problem with a sideways move is that orks are already very uncompetitive, and they really needed a buff.

I haven't seen the ghaz book, and I don't know what data slates are, but I'm feeling nervous after putting a few lists together. Sure I've got a decent number of bodies on the field (95 infantry models and 8 vehicles in 1750), but they're all quite fragile and will be extremely susceptible to morale.

Without heavy armor, my nobs are gonna get taken apart in challenges before they can even swing. This is depressing to me.

And my heavy support slots are hosed, unless I can pull off some weird shenanigans with dedicated transports.

Edit: but we'll see. I still don't have the 7ed book because they aren't selling it by itself [gw worst company], so my understanding of certain rules is still flawed and incomplete. I'm excited to have kombi skorchas on my infantry squads, certainly!

Shoot me an email at monkeypuncher00 at gmail dot com. I have a gift for you.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

TKIY posted:

Can't argue with the price, it's a heavy discount.

Except I don't want SW and the heavy iconography makes them tough to use as a Vanilla Chapter, and I don't need 3 more nerfed walkers. I'd take the Nobz, War Boss and Grots, but I have scads of each of those already.

That said, if you are new to the hobby, this set is pretty great. Which I guess is why rumors of GW hating Grogs and courting kids always float around.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Anyone planning to buy two should PM me about the mini rulebook because I will pay or trade for it. TIA.

You don't have a rule book yet?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

SRM posted:

It's still -technically- a GW model! I've got two in my old 2nd ed box along with all the Orks.

It's not really less. Yeah, it's fewer models, but with waaaaay more options and bits. It's a sidegrade.

Warhammer 40,000 sidegrade edition (formerly 7th edition). See Ork codex and Storm Claw box set for reference.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Nope. gently caress that noise. Too much money and I don't need the two volumes the rules are sandwiched between.

No kidding. On another note I have a personal question for you; check your PMs

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Yeah but it was also like super cheap if I remember right and come on, cardboard Ork Dreadnought was awesome.

Not even die-cut? Boo.....

At least the artwork is good.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

ijyt posted:

Awesome, thank you! Unfortunately my hobby days seem to be over for the time being, developed some painful arthritis in my wrist, which brings me to another question. Are there any one handed distance measuring tools that aren't straight up 30cm rulers for gaming?

Would one of these help?

You get 1" 2" 4" and 6" for 12" just have a standard ruler to hand. Most distances covered, only one hand required.

I wonder how baffling your segments are for non-gamers. I get that your act caters primarily to nerds but I wonder if a fan of Dr. Who or GoT would even start to comprehend what is going on (other than nerd does nerd stuff rather than "fun" tourist stuff.)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 8, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

:golfclap:

I haven't been able to pawn off 17 metal Stormboyz there or anywhere else. Admittedly, I'd be using them to fund purchases of the new, more badass Stormboyz, but shut up.

2nd edition metal or 4/5th edition metal and plastic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cataphract posted:

I mean why buy miniatures at all. You can get 100 army men for a buck, better yet just make some dudes out of pipe cleaners and bendy straws and stick them to pennys.

I think are playing orks wrong if you are against scratch build custom stuff.

E: Yes I get you are against lovely builds, but card stock can be made to look good. It's more about effort than materials.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 15, 2014

• Locked thread