Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

I don't have itunes. Update your site. :fork:

I'll post it soonishly, been away from the computer all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Hey and ,
THE NEW BADCAST IS HERE
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/05/27/40k-badcast-10-listen-analogies-are-hard-ok/

Ignite Memories posted:

SRM, my dad brought my orks down from new york when he visited this week. Hopefully we can get some good fights in now that they can remember how to hide a powerklaw.

Definitely dude, once I'm all settled in at my new place I'll be able to host games where nobody needs to A. stand in the bathroom or B. crawl under the table to get another beer

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pendent posted:

Wasn't there some talk of doing one of these for gang tags at one point?

My FLGS is doing preorders for the Dark Imperium box for $120, which seriously kicks rear end for my budget. Sounds like they're selling like hotcakes too.

I want them to be gang tags but I don't know who to talk to to make that happen.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

susan posted:

Great ep :) . Can we do suggestions for the next Book Club, and if so, maybe 'Red Tithe' or 'I Am Slaughter'?

I'd like to read Red Tithe, I Am Slaughter was so boring though :(

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hamshot posted:

In the badcast, who reads the fact or fanfic, it's SRM right? When will we get a new fanfic challenge? Artum becoming, uh, inspired by my description of the stormwolf boarding the gargant has me wanting to do more.

That's a me! I'll talk to Dan and see when we can pull together another one.

Soulfucker posted:

So here's the good poo poo:

I'm down to clown til I'm 6 feet in the ground with these boys, great work all around.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hamshot posted:

So you don't like rules that your opponent could try to fudge for advantage? Like every rule in the goddamn game?

Might I suggest a better game for you: chess.

lol if you've never been cheated in chess

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm really looking forward to the power points system instead of the regular points values. While if I was playing randos I'd want to use the classic points to make sure it's balanced, 95% of my games are pretty casual and with people I actually like. Hashing out an AoS list in like 5 minutes beats juggling points for like half an hour like 40k typically does.

Also looking forward to my wrists not being useless so I can paint again, tendinitis is the loving worst.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mango sentinel posted:

I'm gonna need them to do this and bring back those transfers asap since this is where I'm heading for 8th.

:same:

Looking forward to having comparatively tiny Gabriel Angelos leading a bunch of Primaris bros.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Ork Tinboyz from back in the day. They had Eldar and Squat ones too.

A buddy of mine's working on one of each of these and I'm so stoked to see em finished.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I vote for SRM, everything that guy does is great.

Yeast posted:

unironically would support an SRM OP

Aight I'll draft one up to launch when 8th ed launches.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

panascope posted:

if you guys call me a nurgle baby again i'm going to blow up your houses

I got you this

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheChirurgeon posted:

Actually this is a neat idea--we should have posters in this thread submit photos of their armies to use as the photos for army breakdowns, if srm is OK with that

Yeah, keep sending/posting pics we can use for this, Chirurgeon's helping me out on some of this stuff.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I imagine in every section of "40k stuff" there is going to be a "by yours truly" since i am pretty sure SRM is involved in every form of Space Barbing. I hope he posts pictures of his armies in the army break down.

I'll put some pics of my stuff in there but we've got some great hobbyists here so I'm not gonna hog the whole thing.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I think if we did this you would have to have more than one person on each army, of different painting skill levels. Like SRM is a crazy good painter and could actually be intimidating for new players/painters. It would be cool to have a "scout/marine/veteran" level for every army so people have a realistic picture of what they are getting into. I would be happy to share photos of my Dark Angels, Nid, and Harliquines if SRM wants to do this.

Naw, post anyway. There's painters of all levels here and I think it's healthy to show a diverse range of skill so long as they're well executed.

TheChirurgeon posted:

- Buffalo Chicken is a madman who will overcharge his plasma guns 100% of the time even when there is no strategic benefit
:hellyeah:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Soulfucker posted:

I'm surprised there were this many nid players in this thread to begin with.

Instinctive Behavior - Lurk

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
DO YOU WANT TO HEAR:
- Proper swastika etiquette on Warhammer models? (ie: don't)
- Bad jokes written by some jerks in Jersey?
- My beautiful velvety voice and Dan's still pretty good but not as beautiful or velvety voice?
WELL HAVE WE GOT THE CAST FOR YOU!

https://40kbadcast.com/2017/06/09/40k-badcast-11-the-truth-about-our-corpulent-mothers/

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Keep posting your armies, goons! I love seeing cool pictures of your hams and I'm loving Chirurgeon's banners.

I typically use a snow base for my minis, based on Fyrbrand's old snow technique. I made a video tutorial of it a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWCsB1oZlik

Really, glue sand on, paint the base one color then drybrush it two successively lighter colors is the way to go. Stick to less saturated colors generally and you can't really go wrong. Add grass/rocks/skulls to taste.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If you don't get better submissions, I have Dark Angel and Ultramarines single model photos:

Don't want to crowd the OP with too much of my poo poo though; thanks again for doing these banners man!

If anyone knows a better way of contacting this guy than his Twitter, let me know. I love his stuff so much.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not mine but it should work well for Ultramarines or generic Space Marines.

Irondog did these, he's one of my favorite painters out there. He also did the Mr. Potato Head Stompa years and years ago.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Thrust posted:

What do you think the likelihood of Doomrider coming back is?

A better question is what are the chances of him leaving the table on his own volition if he does come back

Nighttheii posted:

I took a picture of my Space Wolves army and Templar characters.

These all look good, but that captain with a stormbolter and powerfist is tight.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Geoff Zahn posted:

Is Space Hulk: Deathwing good? I got some steam bux to burn and it's 40% off right now.

It's... okay. I did a review of it a while ago on my youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M141rCsFGfo

Sykic posted:

Anyone ever just write off an entire army as unpaintable? You look at the models and think to yourself "No way in hell can I paint that, I'll stick to space marines" and never even try? That's been me and Tyranids since about 6 years ago, there's not a chance in hell I can paint a nid, I tried once when I was fairly new and got this abomination. Then I got thinking, gently caress it, I'm back in the hobby now, let's try something different, something crazy, something that'll give chutche2 a cupola nightmares.

Is it a great paint job? No. Is it infinitely better than I ever imagined? Absolutely. And to think I originally planned to sell off the Tyranid half of Deathstorm.

Moral of the story: Just paint.

I'd say that IS a great paintjob. That's a really solid looking model, and while yeah, you could probably do an extra layer of highlights if you really wanted to, it looks fantastic. Super neat, clean, and crisp paintjob, and a whole army to that standard would look incredible.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Oh god I forgot there is a new base size now :doh: I really don't want to have to pop all my minis off of their bases and put them on new ones though - is 25mm still fine to use for marines?

It's pretty much personal preference. 32s do look nicer though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheChirurgeon posted:

They're also more stable, for the mans who are running and top heavy, e.g. Assault marines

Yeah, I've made a point to base a lot of the metal Marine models I've got on them so they don't tip over a lot or have the paint on their capes rub off in my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:siren:NEW THREAD IS UP:siren:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823939

• Locked thread