Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I have come to the conclusion that there aren't enough bugs in this thread. I'll help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

What kind of glue should I be using to put together these tiny plastic men? Plastic glue seems scary.

Nothing wrong with plastic glue. Just practice by gluing some bits of sprue together if you're worried about messing it up.
You can use superglue instead, but the bond won't be as strong as plastic glue. Although certainly strong enough for holding miniatures together.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Playing in a small tournament a week from now. It's great motivation to get me painting stuff, and I'm rushing to get a pile of genestealer cultists done.
Just finished my first 8 metamorphs, and last 8 neophytes.

Only 13 acolytes and 7 more metamorphs to go! (and one more day off work to do them in. I might have left things a bit late)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

See, this is one of the reasons that I didn't want to grab a bunch for big bugs. What's the standard go-to for alternate models that don't have vaginacles?

I've got a couple of these ones.
https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=21

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Just finished my 800 point genestealer cult. They've been doing really well. A fun army.

(The ones with purple pants are metamorphs. Blue pants are acolytes)

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

big_g posted:

Does any one have a recommendation for good glue to use with resin, specifically GW finecast.

All advice just says superglue but when I've used Locite on resin in the past it takes a loving age to dry and hold, and yes all release agent has been cleaned off. Thanks.

Yeah, resin to resin superglue joins can take quite a while to hold in place.
Maybe you can just use a different type of glue, but there are a couple of other options.

Use pins. You should always pin larger resin models anyway (a buddy of mine had his gorgeously painted forgeworld drop pods fall to pieces because he didn't take the time to do this).
You get a very strong join, with the added bonus that it holds the parts together as the glue is drying.

The other option is to place a small piece of tissue paper in the join (as thin as possible, single ply). Resin to resin bonds take a while to dry. Resin to tissue bonds are fast. This gives each side a surface it can easily adhere to.
Perhaps this weakens the join a little, but I don't think you'll notice. It's still plenty strong enough for model assembly. I usually do this on smaller models, and joins that are a bit wobbly even after pinning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Had my first game of 8th on Sunday.
My tyranids vs sisters of battle, at 1000 points.

We each had an objective marker. The sisters placed theirs in a corner while mine was around the middle of the table.
They also had some deepstrikers, and a penitent engine creeping around the side, so I couldn't concentrate my forces as much as I'd have liked.
Those pyrovores on the right were being played as biovores, so they had the range to threaten everything anyway.

At the end of my turn 1, I'm already halfway up the table. Nids are pretty quick in 8th. The game in general feels a lot faster.
My hive guard deal 7 damage to their immolator, and other guns plink off about 3 sisters infantry.

Missed a turn or so here, but the sisters on the left leave their defenses and charge into my gaunts, shooting them first. I had cast Catalyst on them so I only take about 11 casualties from the 30 gaunt unit. Being gaunts, I don't deal many casualties back either.
Meanwhile, two squads of sisters with jump packs appear behind that building on the right side of the field, threatening my biovores. The penitent engine is also getting close.
My hive tyrant is shrugging off melta guns and heavy flamers left and right, not to mention a pile of boltgun shots. Only taking a single wound the entire turn.

In my turn, my Hive Tyrant charges into a squad. Killing a bunch of sisters.
The hive guard finish off the immolator. Poor tank didn't get to do much except whiff its flamer shots against the hive tyrant. Next time maybe.
My tyranid prime breaks away from the warriors to keep the hormagaunts in line, while the warriors move to assist the biovores.
My gaunts take a few more casualties and I make a critical mistake of removing the gaunt that was next to the penitent engine on the left side. This means it's no longer in combat.

I kinda forgot to keep taking pictures after this point. Oops.
Saint Celestine decides to show everyone how it's done, and attacks the hive tyrant. Dealing all 9 of its remaining wounds in a single phase.
The freed up penitent engine moves past the gaunts and annihilates my hive guard. Pretty much removing all remaining threats from that side of the field.

The hormagaunts + tyranid prime have a go at taking down celestine. They deal a bunch of wounds to her, but she cuts down the prime, and the hormagaunts get taken out by all the remaining sisters in the area.

My warriors are able to smash apart the penitant engine on the right, along with the deepstrikers. But at that point the game is pretty much over.

There were a bunch of things I could have done differently, but we both had a really fun time. Looking forward to another game this evening.

We did have to spend quite a bit of time looking up unit entries in the indices. So I'm working on a little project to speed things up, and also make it easier to keep track of wounds.

• Locked thread