Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Shoulda just played space marines from the start and I never would have had any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Cataphract posted:

you won't deny poo poo

I don't think the guy I talked to at the FLGS last weekend cares about denying anything except for with the presence of tank guns unit as he was bragging about his his collection of 20 land raiders that he had assembled (with more unassembled) and a bunch of other vehicles that he was talking about.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Post 9-11 User posted:

DMX is pissed. GW isn't concerned because he's probably in jail. Again (on really stupid poo poo like suspended license).

Well he's already imitated a federal officer, I am sure imitating a copyright lawyer isn't too much of a stretch.

Edit: also dude, been where you are at mentally and I don't wish it on anyone. The sad thing is the only thing that makes it better is time. Just keep holding on my brother. Keep holding on

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Don't worry guys, we will have to buy the new ork codex, then in two months we will get the DLC codex that fix everything for the different clans so you will have to buy two books instead of one.

Genius!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Indolent Bastard posted:

Who is the author of the new Ork Codex?

I thought they didn't credit individual writers on the codexes anymore to try to keep needs from hating dudes.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Lord Twisted posted:

Lol if they lose bodies at the end of combats it's going to be - charge, then lose dudes on the charge, lose dudes in combat, lose dudes at the end of combat. Ridiculous

Buy even more Boyz kids!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

LordAba posted:

Remember: places like 3++ is the new black and bell of lost souls post up rumors that actively contradict what the white dwarf shows. Hell, have of the rumors posted in this thread are made up to get other people to post them!

I hear the new Ork Codex will let Nobs wear terminator armor as an option.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Safety Factor posted:

It's not too hard to get three other people to play the survival mode. I still do it every once in a while. :unsmith:
But yeah, the regular multiplayer is totally dead. It was really fun while it lasted though. :smith:

Yeah DOW2 multiplayer was so awesome. One of my favorite moments ever in gaming was a 3 on 3 in the original game before expansions on the long desert map. We were getting our tails kicked and decided to stop throwing units into the grinder and mass troops for one final push. At about 100 victory points left (to easily 375 or so for the other team) and draining we had to make our push and we took over the whole map against an enemy that wasn't expecting a tactics change. By this point we only had about 30 points left. Somehow we turned a 100-375 rear end kicking to a 7-0 win, stupid huge gaming rush and I wouldn't win another game the rest of that day, but man was that satisfying. Sadly the AI was terrible in multiplayer and it was a waste pliant against.

Here's hoping Dawn of War 3 is at least 75% as good as DoW 2 and it's expansions were.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

"Get your stupid Mekboy out of my lane you loving noob! L2P faggot1!1!!11!"

Yeah, I would cry if they made a Dawn of War/Dota hybrid.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

NTRabbit posted:

I would be surprised if someone hadn't pitched one to them already.

And then had it fall apart when GW refused to accept the RMT profits were meant to go to the developer instead of them.

The idea itself could be pretty boss. I mean Marboro, an Eldar Avatar, and Draigo vs Snikrott, a Hive Tyrant, and a Bloodthirster would pretty awesome to see (or any of the random mishmashes). The problem is the player base these games attract. They are absolutely miserable to deal with.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I am not super upset but out of all the things as a 40k fan and such I've wanted to do is go to a Gamesday and play games and scenarios. I just have fond memories of the old White Dwarfs that featured th Gamesday stuff and it was like "Wow I really want to go" now I'm older and still kind of hold onto that.

Just more depressing than anything else. I've never been to a GW or any Con for that matter and now I'll never get to go to one of the cool Gamesday because they turned to poo poo and don't exist anymore.

They're shoring up their projected earnings probably for next year or something like that. That way they can say " Yea we had a bad year but look at this bump here from 7th we're gonna keep that going".

The "warning " sign will be when GW looks at their books and shuts down all retail stores that are not making a profit.

I mean when you shut down something that at most costs you a couple hundred k at most at at most and you have "8 million" in the bank to pay to investors in dividends, then somethings weird.

These last couple of months have been just weird, they shut down social media, then shut down their big events?

That to me is a warning sign that something is going down.

New investor already has gentlemans agreement to buy out company, wants things done differently and/or plans on making money off being patent troll. That's my guess

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Screw it just gonna buy a bunch of tonka dump trucks and run an all truck ork army.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

krushgroove posted:

You wouldn't have gotten a commission, though, would you? I can't imagine any game/comic/card shop would pay commission.

"Ah this land raider is a real nice model. How long you been playing? I hope you have more land raiders at home though. Why? You didn't hear the new rules update? You have to field land raiders in groups of three as per the new SM errata. I know, I know GW they're evil capitalists, they are just gonna bleed us all dry. So you putting all three of those on your charge card right? Alright I just need you to sign here. You know about our no return policy right?"

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

God help me, I just walked into a local gaming store and bought the rules to this silly game. Prepare for a million questions about what army I should play and how all of this warhamming business works!

Well you lucked out and got the rules about 2 months after they got a major overhaul. That's pretty lucky my friend. Depending on your tastes I would recommend an army that just had it's rules updated for 7th edition or one that will be updated in the next couple months as you nail down the initial needs.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Well everyone is on the mega nob train, ebay is a barren wasteland

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Nichol posted:

Basically play whfb if you want to swing axen. Space guns>Swords

But based on the fluff my lizards should have been able to use magic to will themselves into space. Where are my space lizardmen GW? :colbert: All the work has alread been done for you!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

When I look at SM lists and I realize that their model count for an entire army is less than the amount of boys I need for one good unit, I cry on the inside.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Yeah, seeing the grey army against a painted one really is inspiring me to try to get some color on my armies. That's just embarrassing. I would see if could convince my opponent for pushing back the start of the game by 15 minutes to at least rush prime a few grunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So while I painted something other than my 40k minis (oath was for another game) thank you so drat much to the poster who posted his army against a total grey army. Motivated the hell out of me and caused me to sit my rear end down and paint. Interestingly enough another poster in the painting thread listed the "ideal" order to paint stuff and that finally clicked with me too and all of a sudden I have two models of decent size 60% or so painted.

So thanks again dudes for making me not want to be as embarassed as that other dude. At least now if/when I am embarassed it will be because of my paint job not looking like the superstars in the table top gaming threads.

• Locked thread