Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Hey, don't have a rulebook but can someone explain the chaos sorceror changes? Am I understanding right that if they're marked they get their god's primaris AND get to pick another school?

What's a good sorcerer load out, ignore gears and go for levels? Take 2x ML 2 psykers or 1x ML 3 and 1x ML 1? Ally with myself for 4 sorcs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Ok so going through all my old rescued models I'm currently working on, how does this CSM list sound for beerhammer? IDK point values, I'm guessing it would be 800ish.

pre:
Main Force -

HQ:
Nurgle lord on bike w/brand
Sorcerer

TROOPS:
5x csm w/ 1x melta, powerfist for champ
6x plague marines w/ 2x plasma, combi-melta for champ

Combined Arms (or whatever its called)-

HQ:
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

TROOPS:
I also have a rhino w/ havoc launcher but not sure who to stick in it. Powerfists are mainly because they look cool as poo poo. The sorcerers will join the csm units and do telepathy stuff, maybe? Fluff wise my crew is more of a bunch of relic hunters (pretty much just csm versions of the protagonists from Lovecraft's The Hound) so don't have lots of daemons hanging out, and I don't really like the new summoning poo poo.

I think I have enough noise marines to make a 5 man squad with a blastmaster if I give the rest of them boltguns too.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I'm kinda in the same boat, getting back into the hobby. I have a load of chaos infantry and that's about it.

Seeing all those tourney lists that are like 2x 5 man troops then all knights and planes is making me feel like Im not prepared for the meta at all. Also I didn't see a single csm list which is a little worrying!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Working on rescueing some of my childhood chaos dudes and could use help with iding these old noise marines:

http://imgur.com/6Rsuz3Y

Fairly sure the one on the left is a blastmaster, but what about the other two? I dont seem to have any more slaanesh bits so ive no idea what their weapons were. I guess i'll use them as champions or something?

E: top of page, heres me irl

field balm fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 6, 2015

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

SRM posted:

Those are the 3rd edition Noise Marine models. 1997 I'm thinking. They used to have crazy speaker backpacks too. I'd use them as champions and blastmaster dudes.

Thanks for the quick reply! There is no way im pulling off those old paintjobs. Also no sign of the cool rear end backpacks, is there any sort of trade/bits thread?

Blanche era chaos best chaos.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I really cant see a reason to not use the new marine codex for my csm. Hard times for undivided non-daemon fielding armies.

Kinda silly that to field an army like you could in 2nd or 3rd that you'd gave to ally the csm codex with several daemonkin codexes.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

More rescue csm! Decided to try that ghostly style and went for a heavy drybrush scheme. Trying to mix in some loyalist parts and make these guys less generic than the last ones.

Not sure if theyre still too plain looking.

Details on the right shoulder pad.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Anyone in Aus interested in some old wood elf stuff in exchange for chaos marine/imperial marine stuff? Some old metal scouts and wardancers, a few characters and a bunch of plastic archers, I'll dig em out if there's any interest. I'm trying to bulk up my chaos stuff and maybe build an imperial hor kill team or something to pit them against - the older the figs the better, I can't get into the super high detail modern stuff.

I'd love to see pictures of people's cool kill teams too!

field balm fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 24, 2015

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Some friends and I are talking about doing some 'Inquisimunda' which is Necromunda adapted to merge with 28mm Inquisitor. It looks really funky.

Whoa, Inquisimunda looks cool as poo poo. Seriously, just do a google image search for the term. Look at all those cool conversions and fluffy minis! These kinda warbands are so much more evocative of the 40k fiction for me. Totally going to try and get someone to play this with me - I've got some old rear end wood elves and cultists kicking about that would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

So the good spacemarines can now use wierder/less codex loadouts and formations than the guys living in the warp for thousands of years. Not really surprised. Throw chaos a goddamn bone please!

*Talks to daemons, has grown tentacles, still makes sure to wield bolter that matches the rest of his squad*

field balm fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 5, 2016

• Locked thread