Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So before I buy stuff, can anyone get a rough idea of which armies got nerfed the most?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys what would be the cheapest paint set, glue and knife I could get off Amazon for doing a single figure? I figured I'd try doing a cheap 40K figure or set and see if I like it and/or if my art skills are remotely non vomit inducing. Goal isn't to build an army, but just see if I like the hobby part of it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So can someone explain why Roboute Guilliman is coming back and how that's going to be handled (I've seen a figure picture, but I"m not sure where the lore return will start)? I mean I'll be honest I'm a guy who doesn't have the time (or talent) to paint the armies or really even play them, but i love listening to lore videos online and reading the wikis. Part of the reason I've never been too interested in playing the game is, well it kind of has a huge pause button going on for years. I mean truthfully it's not surprising that I really like If The Emperor Had a Text to Speech Device.

So is GW actually planning to move the story ahead in a meaningful way?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow that actually sounds pretty good, I guess the hope is that GW understands that this should be moving story forward. I mean R.G. has got to be pissed about what's been happening...even if he bares some responsibility for it (codex and stagnation). Then again I forget how much was RG around for the founding of many stupid things that would make make Emps shat out a warp storm.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From a fluff perceptive how many books actually feature the Emperor as an actual character, in the sense he's not on the Golden Throne and actually talks to other characters. I assume it's an okay thing to do, because it was clearly done in that Last Church short story.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are any big fluff changes expected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So any changes with the Emps expected in 8th edition?

• Locked thread