Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

i Think five wyches with haywire grenades in a venom can kill tanks dead, i have seen them kill imperial knights also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

i really think that dark eldar are really strong now with the shift of the meta back to mech. They're hard to learn at first but one you know how to play them the are really strong.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

So i just got back from my local game store after looking at the new Daemon Hunter book(aka Grey Knights). I was going through it with some of my friends and we feel that its really bland all the cool named characters are gone and it all kinda seems lacking in the cool stuff category. I was wondering if any of you that have seen the book and have a similar or different opinion?

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Is the Callidus assassin still broken?

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

What are some funny things we can put in a Space Wolf drop pod. You could go with a Guard special weapons team with 3 Demo charges, a pod of Jokaero Weaponsmiths, and a pod of Bullgryns.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

That's not always true, Some tournaments i have seen is just you get one primary CAD and one ally/dataslate. I know most people say that troops in 7th aren't import because of everything scores. I disagree with this i have had many games come down to who has objective secured and that would have lost me the game if it hadn't gone one more turn.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Boon posted:

So now that I have a Lynx, I guess, I've been thinking of cool ways to use it. How tournament viable do you think this would be?

- Spiritseer
x4 Wave Serpent (5 Dire Avengers each)
x1 Crimson Hunter
x1 Fire Prism
x1 Nightspinner
x1 Wraithknight (stock)
x1 Lynx

It's basically an Eldar armored column at 2000 points. Throwing down 7 tanks, 1 super-heavy, 1 flyer, and the Wraithknight in 2000 points.

You need more Wraithknights and War walkers.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

So i really like how the Legion Sicaran looks it is a cool model. So i think i'am going to pick one up for my Blood Angles. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with it and how good it is.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

I just heard from a friend that Blood Angles might be slipt into September like the Gray Knight book. I was wondering if any of you have heard the same thing?

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

The Sisko posted:

In order to preserve your sanity you should probably look into getting an airbrush.

Airbrushes do wonders if you have to paint a lot of models.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Here's my Narrative and i'am going to forge it. I got this fun idea for and Exodite Eldar army. I'am going to use a lot of Wood Elf bits and make it a daemon summoning army. For the avatar i can use the Treeman kit i'am thinking for the summoned daemons dryads with conversions for each daemon type. This is going to be a project for after i get all my adepticon stuff done. I would appreciate any ideas.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Boon posted:

I went with Pulsar because I usually don't have problems clearing masses of infantry in any game (Vaul's battery, Suncannon, Wave Serpents, etc...). The Pulsar still lets me clear infantry pretty well and statistically wounds only .05% less than the Lance but also does multiple wounds for each hit. it just doesn't have the benefit of ignoring cover. The Pulsar lets me keep the Lynx farther away from the battle and gives me significant AT.

On a seperate note, how are D-Weapon wounds treated now? If the template lands and it's a "hit" I roll a D6, on a 2-5 I do D3 wounds and on a 6 I do D6+6. The question is, does someone save against the initial D6 roll (2-5) or do they save against the D3 wounds caused by the initial roll of 2-5?

Good most tournaments ban the Sonic Lance.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

My facebook group for 40k is discussing the D weapon chart and if it should be changed this is what one if the guys came up with.
Revised D Weapon Damage Chart

"1" 1 wound / Glancing Hit, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"2-5" d3+1 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+1 Hull points, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"6" d3+2 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+2 hull points, no saves allowed.

He is a TO for a very large Grand Tournament and this argument has been going on for a few weeks. The main point he wants is that you can't gust have your titan one shot your opponents titan and the game is over. Ask yourself if you were going to this tournament what would you want? If you have a titan and if you're opponent has one do you want it to come down to who rolls a 6 first.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

I like the list how many points was the event. Also i don't know if you have the points but i would upgrade the Spirtseer to the Farseer. I only take the Spirtseer when i play Wraithguard. I like the D-cannons they are cool but have you thought about using Vibro cannons they have a longer range then the D-cannon that some times can be more useful. Over all i would say it's a solid list personally i would change those two units and i love to see people using Swooping hawks.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Von Humboldt posted:

I'd consider upping the number of Hull Points lost on a 6 considerably, so that it punishes vehicles are hard as it pounds GMCs. As it is, a roll of a 6 on that table can potentially drop several GMCs to a single wound, while the worst most Super-Heavy Vehicles get is going down to about half their Hull Points. It can't even obliterate a Knight in a single go. Crank up the base Hull Point damage to 4, and suddenly Baneblades are taking a lot more notice.

I'd agree with the sentiment, though. My buddy did a game versus a C'tan with his Heirophant, and the Heirophant simply vaporized turn one due to high rolls on the D-Weapon chart. The game was over in less time than it took to set up, since there was nothing the rest of his army could do.

Are you guys using any sort of restricted Lord of War list, like with the BAO, or a cap on points spent on Lords of War?

He said there will maybe some stuff banned the two that i know that he is thinking about is the C'tan and the Super Chicken(aka Greater Daemon of Tzeentch). He was talking about maybe banning the Greater Daemon of Khorne and the Harridan. The things that are most likely to be banned are stuff that's almost impossible to deal with or it's really over powered.

SoftDrink fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 25, 2014

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

vigorous sodomy posted:

This is a hobby where you pay princely sums of either your time or money. I could learn how to paint models with lovely results after months of trying to get a hundred pounds of gear, or I can throw money at it and let someone else deal with the mess.

And how is Tau for an army?

Tau are still a strong army in this edition they throw out a lot of shooting. People are going to have there change there list a little to be able to deal with bigger tanks and LoWs.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

There is also this company that does painting jobs.

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/paint-service/

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

So how do you people like the new Daemon Hunter(Gray Knight) book?

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Behold the the knowledge to paint at the golden daemon level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

Finished up the last two warbuggies :toot:

They look nice and orky good job. Were'd you get the ATVs from?

SoftDrink fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 27, 2014

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Invisibility is stupid my friend plays Be'lakor and a Khorne Lord of Skulls a lot.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Moola posted:

No random is crazy and fun!!!

Ya at Adepticon my teammates farseer got Death mission and cast it. It prevented a Hive Tyrant from assaulting him because he was scared of losing his tyrant.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

One of my friends have the original Forge World ones.

:filez:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 28, 2014

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not Failcast, what a professional name.

Well it is true it's not GWs Failcast that everyone loves.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Did you just straight up link a recasting site? :stare:

Ya Forge World dose not make it any more.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Is any one going to the Renegade Open it's a GT in Minnesota. A small group from my store went last time and had a lot of fun.
http://www.renegadeopen.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

I love the look of the 30k Solar Auxilia. But im going to start up a Blood Angel 30k army so i can use some of it for normal 40K.

• Locked thread